The Retrobike NationalSeries 2013 Rnd 3: Aviemore Aftermath

Re: The Retrobike NationalSeries 2013 Rnd 3: Aviemore Afterm

How are you feeling now? OK I hope?

Notice Keith in the background unwrapping something to eat, or is it fags or possibly even packet of plasters? ;)

old_coyote_pedaller":heq78dwv said:
Notice Keith in the background unwrapping something to eat, or is it fags or possibly even packet of plasters? ;)

Keith and I think Boonie were my eyes as I tried to sort out ZZ's injuries (f'kin old age :x )

Thanks again guys :oops:

Rob, you were brilliant. Of course I'd have preferred it if you'd slipped into a nurse's uniform and donned a wig first :shock:

Feeling not bad - struggling with a sair back, since I think I think I'm sitting a bit funny to compensate for the rib - or maybe it's the fracture healing. Better standing than sitting anyway. Got my two stitches out today from the cut next to the eye, elbow is healing OK and my bruises are now all yellow. Lovely.

it was when Rob asked me for the bum cream i was really worried about ZZ's condition :shock:

keithyr":qjmgm5o1 said:
it was when Rob asked me for the bum cream i was really worried about ZZ's condition :shock:

I thought that was later back at the campsite?

the trauma affecting your memory Keith? :LOL: :LOL:

zigzag":2fbetxwa said:
Rob, you were brilliant. Of course I'd have preferred it if you'd slipped into a nurse's uniform and donned a wig first :shock:

I think I'm sitting a bit funny.......Better standing than sitting anyway.

keithyr":2fbetxwa said:

These 2 quotes explain why you're sitting funny.

another epic guys, looks like you all hit it off with the weather and some fine looking trails and vistas :eek:

I was standing above loch enaich on Sgor Gaoith at the start of May.. unfortunately I couldn't see loch enaich or anything else but cloud and snow :roll:

with some serious looking drama,

Aaron, hope the aches and pains are healing. Ribs, ouch! that'll take a while fella. Speedie recovery

Looked like you got top notch macretro emergency service

jealous I missed this ride (except the sore bit)

velomaniac":ecifby01 said:
Glad to hear everyone enjoyed themselves and that our ilustrious AEC isnae deed :D

Day two didn't happen, we were all KNACKERED. Personally I feel like I've been repeatedly run over by scale models of the Landrovers we seen mucking about in the fields as we returned home.

We did visit the cafe beside the meeting point for Sunday and thus did intercept the only person who showed up for the now cancelled run. He wasn't upset, he'd seen the forum report, we had a good chat and then he continued on his hols.

All in all a great days riding and thats the lesson for us middle aged bikers, keep it at a days riding, 2 days is a bridge too far. :roll: :LOL:

That was me, now back down south, careful wearing of retrobike clothing avoided sitting in the carpark wondering if I'd got the wrong one - good to meet up if only briefly - you did all look a bit worn out, and after the previous days events, more than understood your decision. Tired people plus changeable weather plus exposed terrain is never a good mix.

On the Thursday went off and did some of the bits of the first days ride and some of the second, basically from north end of Aviemore down to Rocthiemurchus and then up to Loch Eanaich, back down to the road, up to Glenmore centre on and on up through Ryvoan Pass and round past Loch a Gharbh-choire a bit before heading back the way I'd come to Aviemore - just under 40 miles when all said and done.

Couple of pictures, first up at Loch Eanaich looking south, notice the reduction in snow from a few days before. Second, looking south towards Strath Nethy from the near the foot bridge.

Attachments

• IMG_3123_edited-1.jpg
    IMG_3123_edited-1.jpg
    131.2 KB · Views: 863
  • IMG_3110_edited-1.jpg
    IMG_3110_edited-1.jpg
    130.3 KB · Views: 863

Latest posts

Back