raleigh special products division 853 Identification

I missed this thread! Wow, what a result! What are the odds that it would end up in a fellow retrobikers hands.

It's Ian I feel most sorry for. Hope you get your money back!

N

nathanm26":3fdu6swl said:
I missed this thread! Wow, what a result! What are the odds that it would end up in a fellow retrobikers hands.

It's Ian I feel most sorry for. Hope you get your money back!

N
As a matter of interest I found out cash converters bought the bike initially for £40 then sold it to another unsuspecting person who then sold it back to them because it was to small for them, then they sold it to Grumpyoldman so they have had at least two profits on it, the least they could do is pay the profits back! in my opinion to make profit out of a crime and leave a member of the public out of pocket is ridiculous and because they did not take the serial number off the bike the thief cannot be prosecuted for this crime but I believe he is looking forward to porridge for other crimes, I hope he enjoys it.

Wow amazing tale!

Pity about the damage to a frame with some historical provenance

Presumably the Cash Converters in question has refunded?

It is their responsibility and their liability

Still, well done for sorting it out guys!

Hopefully it can get built up with some tasty period kit, which it surely deserves it after its ordeal!

A great ending to a rather unsettling situation on the basis that cash converters did pay out that is :) ..

Back