Does this fork exist?

HypnoToad

Dirt Disciple
Feedback
View
I building up an old GT steel frame for use as a commuter, and I thought I could use my DMR trailblade forks, however these are disc only and I'm using rim brakes.

As a temporary measure I'm using some Zoom forks but they're awful, so heavy, sticky stanchiions, etc.

So, I need a fork that is
Steel (preferably)
Has v brake mounts
Has mudguard mounts
Has Clarence for 2.4" tyres
Has a 1.1/8" steerer
Is for 26" rims

As this is a commuter I'm not to fussed about weight, anyone know of any forks that I can use.

Thanks

26" retro trials fork is what you want
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/ONZA-26-TRIAL ... 417389677f
they also come in a lite flavour, for mudguards get steerer tube mounted mtb toughies like "the" if you can find them, there's loads of generic ones on fleabay if you can't.

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
HypnoToad":1wwxro05 said:
I building up an old GT steel frame for use as a commuter, and I thought I could use my DMR trailblade forks, however these are disc only and I'm using rim brakes.

As a temporary measure I'm using some Zoom forks but they're awful, so heavy, sticky stanchiions, etc.

So, I need a fork that is
Steel (preferably)
Has v brake mounts
Has mudguard mounts
Has Clarence for 2.4" tyres
Has a 1.1/8" steerer
Is for 26" rims

As this is a commuter I'm not to fussed about weight, anyone know of any forks that I can use.

Thanks

Salsa Cro-moto is what you need by the sound of it!! Should be plenty around.

Got an old Marin one you are welcome to for £15 posted. Recently powdercoated in ivory.

Attachments

• fork1.jpg
    fork1.jpg
    146.2 KB · Views: 509
Heres one I made earlier...

gt_avalanche_commuter_445.jpg

^ Looks great, nice to have some inspiration. :)

I didn't know I had so many options, and this is the first of I've heard of trials forks and their 4 bolt mount for Magura brakes, and in fact I'm planning to use HS11's so Onza forks look ideal.

However, I asked a friend today if he had any spare forks and he found some that came with an old Saracen, a little rusty but after a bit of sanding and a coat of primer they look ideal as they have mudguard mounts, v-brake mounts, etc:

Npl9xe7l.jpg

Back