drunk ebay moment

orangeone

Senior Retro Guru
Feedback
View
I think we have all nearly done or have done it. came home after a drink or two and gone on to ebay. just for a look and end up bidding on something or even hitting the bin button. I done it last week I came home after a couple of small drinkys and thought it would be a good idea to bid on a rather sad looking zaskar. well it turns out I won so now a owner of a zaskar. I thought it would be interesting to see what else other people have won after a few drinks :D

I'm guilty of the same.

Marin Pallisides and a Kona Lava Dome.

I hate the booze / internet connection mix.

orangeone":1jgzpnsg said:
I think we have all nearly done or have done it. came home after a drink or two and gone on to ebay. just for a look and end up bidding on something or even hitting the bin button. I done it last week I came home after a couple of small drinkys and thought it would be a good idea to bid on a rather sad looking zaskar. well it turns out I won so now a owner of a zaskar. I thought it would be interesting to see what else other people have won after a few drinks :D

You sure it's a Zaskar? :? :oops:

Only bike related one I've had is putting a low bid on the FSR frame that's now my current ride - cost me £30 for that and probably 10-15 times as much for the parts to make it into a bike.

Not bike related but I ended up the owner of two servers (computers)...

My father-in-law probably has everyone beat though with the following list (different occasions):

A Pitts Special (a stunt plane, not a model one either! - cost as much as the winning bid to crate it up and ship it to the UK) - broke even on the resale
A Hitachi minidigger (I think he turned a profit in the end on that one after using it to remodel the garden)
A Bobcat mini-dozer (IIRC that was eventually sold for scrap after sitting in the garden of 5 years)
An ex-BT LWB transit with integrated cherry picker (this one has actually been useful over the years!)

Elysarian":1a54f5zn said:
Only bike related one I've had is putting a low bid on the FSR frame that's now my current ride - cost me £30 for that and probably 10-15 times as much for the parts to make it into a bike.

Not bike related but I ended up the owner of two servers (computers)...

My father-in-law probably has everyone beat though with the following list (different occasions):

A Pitts Special (a stunt plane, not a model one either! - cost as much as the winning bid to crate it up and ship it to the UK) - broke even on the resale

Yep. That's a win!

a mate bought a camper van in germany... on ebay..
he was really worried that it was not going to be any good as the pics were crap..

he went and got it, turned out it was a one owner 20thousand mile (or there abouts.. km) needed a rwal good was and clean but got him back to the uk fine, within 5 weeks he had sold it and tripled his money.

A 1971Rover P6 V8 is the worst I've ever won on the bay after imbibing.

A 1991 John Kosinski special edition Yamaha FZR600, believed the only one remaining in the UK, is the second worst Scotch fuelled purchase.

A 1970s Yaesu FRG-7 HF receiver is my 3rd worst single malt infraction.

Free wifi at the pub, 6 pints and a smart phone make matters even worse.

I ended up with a very expensive Klein Attitude.
2 weeks later an Adroit became available for not much more.
No funds left and gutted :-(

Piles and piles of totally useless parts
i.e. Worn out cranks with non removable rings. £4 totally wasted,would have been quicker walking outside and pushing it down the nearest drain

Back