feeling old - MBUK 25th Anniversary issue.

daugs

Senior Retro Guru
Feedback
View
not spotted a post on this yet so hopefully not duplicated..................anyway was bumbling round the local supermarket with the family and spotted the 25th Anniversary issue of Mountain Biking UK, 1988 to 2013, so that's enough to make me feel old as graduated in 1988 and started work.

So hoping for moments of nostalgic reading for a change compared to all the modern stuff, we shall see.

Just picked up my copy, good to see some retro appearing in it (Peaty's Kona Hei Hei) and nice article on the Evolution of the sport. And the best bit is the Readers Photos page which is all Retro shots, anyone gonna admit to featuring in this issue???? ;)

Looks like there is no chance to get a copy of that special mag here in Germany. Can anyone help me there, please?

Huelse":36ozs2p3 said:
Looks like there is no chance to get a copy of that special mag here in Germany. Can anyone help me there, please?

Going to be buying one myself and can you one and post on if you want?

Can you get one for me Rojo? Not because I can't get one, just because I can't be bothered going to the newsagent. :D

Dave_H":143vlme4 said:
Can you get one for me Rojo? Not because I can't get one, just because I can't be bothered going to the newsagent. :D

:LOL: :LOL:

rojo":1bbxvog5 said:
Huelse":1bbxvog5 said:

Going to be buying one myself and can you one and post on if you want?

That would be very, very nice! I can PayPal you the money you need for the mag and shipping to Germany and a little extra. PM me for address etc! Many Thanks,
Falk

mmmmmmm, not as much nostalgia as I'd hoped, as an aside a lot of the land rover (another hobby) mags have similar comments from the old "series" crowd, a new "classic land rover" mag has been launched, so waiting to see how that does.

If you've got an iThing it's worth downloading the free copy of the first issue :)

(I'm feeling old because I found my notes for the 15th anniversary retrospective on my PC a few weeks back...)

Back