Missy Giove 1993 Yeti ARC ASLT

I love reading their stories, are always sorprendestes.
make you fall in love more if posible.Tienen a different taste when there is a great story behind it.

I love the bike and the video.
I envy those landscapes and nature.

perfect job! congratulations

:cool: wow , love the bike , video and story about the frame

very good job

so went you to that restaurant for good food or for watch the frame ?? :D

Now thats a fantastic build! And one heck of a motivating video as well. Note to self, ride this weekend! Thanks for the inspiration!

Lot of kind comments so far, thanks. Someone asked how it rode. Lets just say not great and leave it at that. Lot of mechanical issues with this bike. Some lowlights:

- Amazingly the shock held air for 20 years. Getting more in proved to be a wicked PITA and involved the help of Risse (nice guys). If anyone ever needs help with these needle valve ports, I can help.

- The fork is the best version of a Manitou I've ever ridden and it still sucks. I'm amazed that no one died racing one (that I can think of). I'm more amazed anyone BITD would have paid for one of these over a RockShox air fork.

- There's a downhill switchback scene in that video that's the second take after the first took the life of the first Ringle hub.

Ultimately it's a cool bike, but 'vintage full suspension' provides more frustration than performance benefit. Anyone saying differing isn't pushing the bike hard enough.

Just get's better with the above update.

Great story, great video and wonderful to see the bike in action in fantastic scenery.

Awesome! I have a photo of that very frame from when I visited Durango in 1999. I'm off to search for it now!

Edit - Found it:

missygioveframe.jpg

What was the name of the restaurant? I've got it written down somewhere, but it's buried deep in the archives. Loved the video, I remember riding those very trails.

Nik

Back