Raleigh Activator Forks Wanted

cheese crumpets

Retro Newbie
Hi, I have an old Raleigh Activator 18 speed, 21" frame and need a pair of original forks. It has a 1" threaded steerer 205mm long. The picture below shows the actual bike, the forks had seized and a spring broke when I tried dismantle them. They were very rusty inside. Will pay for postage or buy a complete bike if in Manchester area. Please send a message or Tel 07903265318

Attachments

• raleighactivator1.jpg
    raleighactivator1.jpg
    157.3 KB · Views: 888
Good luck in your hunt mate, and Welcome to the site.

I just 'retired' an activator sadly. Have a free bump though.

Check local scrap yards.....its their natural habitat! :D No seriously.....I see these daily on ebay going complete for around £25

Hi, I could get some new Suntour suspension forks off ebay for £50, these have 1" threaded steerer 203mm long. They would fit ok but probably wouldn't look right and I would have to fit V brakes to them. Probably wait till I can get some originals.
I like the look of the rigid forks on the Kona Hahanna that was in the previous message. They would look good on the Activator, crown to axle measurement is about 410mm, if I could get some that fitted would go with them. Surley rigid forks have the 1 1/8 steerer so they're no good.
No many options and ideally would like some new ones. Thanks for the replies.

Latest posts

Back