Scott Tampico 1997

Leeman

Retro Newbie
This is my old Scott Tampico, with a new look. Frame needs some original color, but havent been able to get it yet.

image.jpg

Thanks, thats what I liked too. Still the original color frame needs some new paint, and the colour is difficult to find. Any ideas how to track the colour number?

Second question is about rear disc brake. I welded connecting iron to the frame and ist durable enough, but does the bar where brake is attached to need some reinforcement? It seems to bend a little when I brake.

-jaFFe

Unfortunately i don't know how to help you out regarding the colour number but what i'd do is find a decent paint supplier who would be able to get some paint made up for you and a little bit of flexing when braking shouldn't be anything to worry about as i can't see it being more than a quarter of an inch if that so it shouldn't be under that much stress to warrant worrying about mate ..

Leeman, (and anybody else in theknow)

Ive got the exact same Scott bike that i am hoping to refurb. Its been in the family from new and looking to bring it back to life after been sat in a shed for 10 years.

Have you changed the forks or just had them sprayed? I ask as im looking to add front suspension forks but think I may have hit a glitch.....

The original forks I removed last week were threaded. In the handlebar stem theres a threaded nut that goes right down to the arch in the forks and seems to screw in there. Im concerend this will be too dificult to match with some aftermarket forks....

Any help appreciated

Thanks

Easy answer but buy a new ahead set from chain reaction (ritchey or m part for about a tenner) get a new stem in ahead format, again can buy a nice one here for a fiver upwards. This then opens up a world of many forks.

Not sure on exacts but a 1997 model you want to be looking at old travel amounts so 3" and I would recommend older marzocchi forks for this.

Enjoy

Back