Proflex 856 Mayhem build

First turn of the wheel today at the Forest of Dean overall very pleased going to make a few changes including a riser bar and V brakes .... Not as "retro" friendly but its been built for a purpose and the brakes were pretty shocking today :LOL:

Chuffed with the tracking of the forks they were ace , they are set up pretty stiff so going to look into maybe softening them up a little bit and the rear tracked nice climbing and descended fast (maybe lack of brakes helped there!!) thought it struggled a little with damping over long fast bumpy flat sections trying to pedal in the saddle. To be fair the V trail at FOD is so cup up now I think most bikes would suffer the same :D

Attachments

• photo (100).JPG
    photo (100).JPG
    75.2 KB · Views: 978
Good luck with mountain mayhem ,done six great fun , about 12hours after the event ,

photo0296m.jpg

started off with 10wt in both shocks and like you seemed lacking in damping so i've gone to 15wt ,seems alot better ,good luck in the Mayhem hope the rain gods have a week off .ps if you need a smaller frame let me know ;)

How easy is it to change the oil over? is it one of them exploding devices where all the inners spreads themselves over the garage never to be found again?

It shouldnt but the frame felt great for sizing the blue/red trails today pretty are about as technical and knarley as I ride these days so well happy with it .

If you have the gold colour like i have they are called ODS shock go on the proflex forum
if have not already ,you will find all you need there , if they are ODS shocks its only the spring that keeps it under pressure ,the only special tool is the pin spanner ,make one up ,two screws in a plate ,all the best . :?

We have got some 20 at work and work buddy like nothing better than dismantling and assembling technical stuff so he is sorting them out for me!

Will hopefully report back with good results

daj":3cpdeg8c said:
How easy is it to change the oil over? is it one of them exploding devices where all the inners spreads themselves over the garage never to be found again?

It shouldnt but the frame felt great for sizing the blue/red trails today pretty are about as technical and knarley as I ride these days so well happy with it .

From my build thread - it's not finished but it might give you some help / ideas :D

WD :D

:LOL: I had a read today in my lunch hour I was gutted it at the end!! :LOL:

We did the rear shock today with 20 oil yet to fit though , The shock itself was in great condition

hi , just finished my Proflex XP-X ,i am up to 15wt oil in both shocks still no joy ,(i am about 12 stone )
let me know what weight oil you end up with , :roll:

royboy2cv":274vrv6k said:
hi , just finished my Proflex XP-X ,i am up to 15wt oil in both shocks still no joy ,(i am about 12 stone )
let me know what weight oil you end up with , :roll:

I just popped it on and done the bounce test , Much stiffer but the rebound also felt much quicker

Going to try and get it back over the FOD over the weekend to try it out.

Back