FS : Singular peregrine with belt drive conversion now SOLD

Jerome

Retro Guru
Feedback
View
Something needs to go and as I now work 5 mins bike ride from work, the supper commuter I built is not really needed. I ride to work on my grandads old raleigh...

Singular Peregrine 56cm with C&C coupling in seat stay on the drive stay to allow a belt. This frame is the later iteration of this model, with curvy chainstays that gives great clearence for larger chainrings. The chainstays are super stiff, and the chainline with the chainring in the middle position is nigh on perfect, EBB works really well – all of which make this a great belt drive frame.
The C&C couplings are serious works of art, and are a credit to Ben @kinetics who fitted them.

Large singular peregrine frame ( 56cm top tube ) with C&C coupling, and Avid FMJ cables fitted – photos show it set for me at 6'
Rear wheel -Black alfine 8 on A719 – built for me by my local shop and low miles
Front wheel – XT on 719 disc – greate condition
Carbon bontrager chainset – this came off an old bike, and the spider is not perfectly straight.
Versa 8 speed shifters – show marks, but working perfectly
BB& road calipers - virtually brand new
Thomson lay back post and 130mm stem
On one midge bars
Flite ti saddle – happy to keep this
m422 platform pedals – again happy to keep
Belt kit – gates non centretrak 115t*24

Other bits included
Gates tensioning kit
Spare belt and rear cog ( 118t and 25t ( I think ) ) to run a SS set up on this frame. Belt is unused, cog is barely used and fits a standard freehub.
Spanner for the C&C coupling.

Options at extra price.
Intention was to fit some guards to this and skinny 25mm ish tyres.
I have the guards and can include these for an additional cost as required.

The current setup sees the belt a little tight with EBB back as far as it will go.
Works fine, but the gates tensionser suggests it is on the high side of optimal.T he cranks may also not be the best choice as the spider is not exactly straight. They look so cool though.
If I was keeping this I would probably end up swapping to Centretrak belt as there are more options on chainrings and cogs.

I would like £800 posted for the complete bike which I have calculated without allowing anything for the belt kit, given my comments on getting the centretrak above.

I would happily keep both wheels myself, and will consider part ex with a nice , poss titanium, cyclocross frame.

Any questions please let me know.

8428995067_d3a7fab639_c.jpg

8430082716_6a18262e93_c.jpg

8430082800_2fcc0bb0cf_c.jpg

Re: FS : Singular peregrine with belt drive conversion

That's a lovely looking bike, been looking at a peregrine myself to run as a single speed

Quick bump for his one.
Full bike now at £750

£450 gets the frame/forks/headset and all the belt kit.
Which comprises two pretty much unused belts,two cogs,( one alfine/one freehub ) one chainwheel,and the gates tension checking device.

Let me know.
Too many bikes...

Thanks
J

Hi
Would you consider sending it to Sweden?
Im interested.

Best regards
Kris

Kris,
This is now Sold.
Thanks for the interest.
I will update the listing.

Back