1983 Raleigh Rapide W.I.P. - links for newbies added

Um,

It is almost done - almost meaning i have some scratches to sort out and she is done!!!

Richard

Almost July update -

This is taking much longer than i had anticipated but i have the bike up and running on the original wheels although they may need a slight truing after the test ride - there were a few 'pings' but the bike rides well.

I have noticed one fault - amazingly i rectified this fault 28 years ago and only remembered while riding why i changed the gear levers. The right hand lever seems to work loose whilst riding - i stop and tighten it with my screwdriver and away i go, until it happens again. Any suggestions to stop this happening?

One way or another i will have the complete bike finished before the end of July - that is a promise!

Thanks to all for the help and support and i hope this is my final query regarding the Rapide!

Richard

Hmm, how odd. Well, I think a bit of locktite, the stuff they use on motorbikes (red thread I think it's called) should do the trick. I had a similar problem with my A'ha - so much so the crank came off!!

LOL I just realised that i never got around to posting the final pics!!! When the weather gets better, I will address this. here is one of the very few 'before pics' and i would hope it should be like this.

I am having problems sourcing a suitable wig though.

Richard

Do you remember what I said Richard ?? If not here it is again:

''Please can you go back to the exact same spot with you and the Raleigh and pose once more''.

Though don't give any advice to the person who may take the photograph! :roll:

Ian,

I had not forgotten but it will be a while until we get a dry day and sunshine!!

Richard

I did ask you many months ago and the weather was fine then!
You have more excuses than your camera trickery! Just focus mate....lol

Back