Bike Buying Frustration

It was :)
Arrived on a lorry a couple of weeks later! :p
It was a good day out with 30 minutes sightseeing on the way home!

Weird isnt it I spent three years looking for an RM Altitude then one came up ...involved a drive from Derby to Exeter and blow me the same weekend another came up in Atlanta Georgia...shipped over this time though. The weidest thing was they are both 1993 and both ex Team bikes :shock:

I've picked up a few frames / bikes for folks on the forum. It's nice to put a face to a name.

What isn't nice is having a conversation at 9.00am with a guy in just his underpants who 'forgot' I was calling to pick a frame up. :facepalm:

I think it probably worse when something you have been looking for for years turns up as a real bargain, right on your doorstep...

...but you only notice it minutes after someone else has just beaten you to it :facepalm:

The relay system is interesting but is it really necessary for bicycle bits when an entire bike can be couriered in the UK for around £15? I suppose some people don't want the hassle of packing stuff on ebay sales - especially when they see it as old junk (= retro treasure!).

One of the reasons I tend to avoid posting items is because of the potential for the receiver being unhappy for whatever reason etc

LDP":gr3j8myk said:
The relay system is interesting but is it really necessary for bicycle bits when an entire bike can be couriered in the UK for around £15? I suppose some people don't want the hassle of packing stuff on ebay sales - especially when they see it as old junk (= retro treasure!).

The big problem with couriers is boxing a bike, because most people who won't post won't box.

Does anyone have a recommendation for couriers who'll take an unboxed bike or box it themselves???

Back