Can you tell me if this frame is a Cinelli super corse?

Okay just kidding...

A couple points of clarification. First the model is Super Corsa, or alternately Speciale Corsa. The oil port is on the top of the non-drive side of the bottom bracket, the hole below the BB is the is the drain. The bottom bracket shell on this frame lacks the Cinelli engraved logo because it predates those frames by about 20 years. Hallmarks of a Cinelli are the fastback stay arrangement with the hex binder bolt, 4 digit serial number stamped under the BB shell, sloping crown, the 26.2 seat pillar and the brass head badge which is missing here but you can see the holes where it was mounted.

Thanks Steven,

Perhaps i should remain quiet!! I shall defer to an expert!

Richard

Almost certainly a Cinelli (99% certainty in my eyes). Really awful paint job. The hole in the right rear drop-out points to a pre-1963 frame, which means the eyelets are also original and correct. The filing of the contour of the drop-outs is also correct for Cinelli, as are the BB, lugs and fork crown. The only thing that makes me hesitant about the identification is that it has not been confirmed that it uses the 26,2 seatpost. I have seen (and own) a number of other bikes from the 50's and 60's that used the same lugs and fork crown. Apparently, Cinelli sold them to certain select framebuilders. Others cast their own lugs.

Another appetizing element is the Cinelli headset that all by itself would bring a very pretty penny.

I believe that this frame was sold on ebay not that long ago with very poor pictures and there was some debate at teh time as to whether it truly was a Cinelli.

Citoyen du monde":3fktxrk2 said:
Almost certainly a Cinelli (99% certainty in my eyes). Really awful paint job. The hole in the right rear drop-out points to a pre-1963 frame, which means the eyelets are also original and correct. The filing of the contour of the drop-outs is also correct for Cinelli, as are the BB, lugs and fork crown. The only thing that makes me hesitant about the identification is that it has not been confirmed that it uses the 26,2 seatpost. I have seen (and own) a number of other bikes from the 50's and 60's that used the same lugs and fork crown. Apparently, Cinelli sold them to certain select framebuilders. Others cast their own lugs.

Another appetizing element is the Cinelli headset that all by itself would bring a very pretty penny.

I believe that this frame was sold on ebay not that long ago with very
poor pictures and there was some debate at teh time as to whether it truly was a Cinelli.

Thanks for the info...
Can I just confirm this frame was NOT bought off ebay.
It was inherited from a family member who worked for raleigh for 35 years and bikes were his passion.

Neil
To prove this look back on my threads I inherited it 12 months ago

Neil,

Good news all round and apologies for my lack of knowledge. Should be an interesting build and lewisfoto has a lovely Cinelli if you can find the pics.

Richard

Please click on the link below as i removed an identical headset to this one from the frame,
ill post sictures when i get 5...

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/RARE-CINELLI- ... true&rt=nc

P1040335.jpg

Think id better measure that seatpost... fingers crossed its 26.2

thanks chaps for your info, your knowledge is superb

Neil

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
If when i measure the seatpost its 26.2 if that does confirm 100% its a Cinelli Speciale Corsa what would be the value of it? if sold purely as the frame no component.

thanks in advance
Neil

Back