Mongoose Teocali Custom

ollyb83

Retro Guru
Feedback
View
Had one of these a few years ago and loved riding it.

Thrashed it round Clumber Park, Sherwood Pines, local bridleways and canal towpaths, even a couple weeks in Scotland.

But after one day at the Nevis Range the bushes in the lower link gave up and it was cheaper to get a new frame as it happened at the beginning of 2 weeks in Scotland.

So built this up in the garden of the cottage i was staying at.

Once i got back from Scotland i sold the mongoose frame.

Recently i was after a frame that was lighter than the Kona Stinky i'd been riding for everything. while scouring the net and a few sites i found another Teocali frame that had recently had new bearings fitted and a Goldtec hanger for a good price, and it was even in the same colour as my old one, so i had to have it.

Its similar to the i-drive, as i have an i-drive 3.0 with this.

riding them back to back they seem similar in the way they work, the difference i notice is theres a slight backwards movement on the freedrive setup.

Nearly picked one of these up the other day, look smart but didn't know enough about them or how they rode to take a punt. Yours looks lovely!

had a teocali and canaan and i loved them, best f/s bikes there is imho. shame the pivots kept creaking on the canaan team or id of kept it :(

mongoose is owned by gt's parent company and has the same theory behind it but different mechanics. not once did i feel any pedal bob, really want another now...........

bit of an update for this, got hold of some new bit for her.

Sunline V-one os 745mm wide
Kore flame stem
SDG bel-air rt seat

cost me a brake bleed and £30 for the lot. not too bad considering the bars are immaculate.

Well its been one bargain after another this last week.

Dropped on a pair of Manitou Travis 150Single forks in decent condition, just need some tlc and a couple bits (axle end bolt, rebound adjust lever).

been a while and the mongoose has gone through a few more changes, 2x10 xt, magura thor, hope m4 to name a few.

but 2 weeks ago i pulled the bike apart as i dropped on a new frame.

ill start a new build thread for the ibis soon. The mongoose will be rebuilt as a play/hack bike aswell, just need to sort through my spares and see what i have.

Back