My Merckx Rebuild - Finished - With Lots of Pics

The tyres are unidirectional!!! Mine worked both ways round!!

Richard

Ian you really are obsessive!!! LOL

TGR":32l2qwds said:
The tyres are unidirectional!!! Mine worked both ways round!!Richard Ian you really are obsessive!!! LOL
'Unidirectional' just what does that mean or have I got to do a google search for the term'/meaning :p

I see what you did there Ian.......but i'm not biting.....I intend riding this bike and I want it to stay in gear! :D

Unidirectional, thats a new one on me, I just hate those bloody big "Michelin Dynamic Classic" logos on the tyre wall. Thats why they are on the other side...

HI Stephen,

I had another look at the bike, it really is very nice! Ian is super fussy and unfortunately misses very little!!! But perfection is sometimes possible - if you can find his Gios you will get the idea!!

Richard

And quite right he is too.....I am a bit like that myself......wait till I get my Super U Raleigh up! That'll be some craic!

Stephen

kettlo":3ucy25qf said:
I just hate those bloody big "Michelin Dynamic Classic" logos on the tyre wall. Thats why they are on the other side...
Right then Matey!

1: Buy some quality white spirit.
2: Find an old white bed sheet!

Rip the bed sheet into small squares! and soak in white spirit.

Place a folded section of the soaked cloth on to the "Michelin Dynamic Classic" logo :shock:

Allow to soak into the logo for half an hour, light pressing will help.

Now gently start rubbing the logo! The logo will start to lift and come off the tyres edge,
keep repeating and rubbing with clean but soaked cloth, the logo will come off and no
damage will be done to the tan-wall edge, I've done this trick on many MDC tyres.

Back