steve-peats-1993-kona-hei-hei in MBUK.... Red Hope Caliper!

Re: steve-peats-1993-kona-hei-hei in MBUK.... Red Hope Calip

Why not get one anodised red?

Looking at those pics it may be that the red parts on Peaty's old Hei Hei have been recently re-anodised anyway as they look minty fresh compared to the rest of the bike, especially the caliper, USE seatpost part, and the seat binder bolt???

Only really interested in it if it is original, I think the bike hasn't been used in a while looking at the pedals and headset seal, there are a fair few chips on the calliper too so I reckon it is original - pretty sure the red has been enhanced on the photos too though.

Love it :cool:

I'm sure it'd be original coz that's the bike peaty keeps in his loft with all his old race gear from past seasons,i remember it from one of peatys videos he done for mpora. Sure he said he won the 93 nps title riding it and why he'd never get rid of it.

I've still got a set of those pedals!

They don't make 'em like they used to, etc. etc. grumble.

Is this the bike in that Youtube video?

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1X2i9S4r_yQ[/youtube]

mechagouki":24fagt0e said:
I've still got a set of those pedals!

They don't make 'em like they used to, etc. etc. grumble.

Is this the bike in that Youtube video?

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1X2i9S4r_yQ[/youtube]

Just watched the video again,it's on Vitalmtb under what's in peatys attic? I'd put it up but don't know how to do links :facepalm: quickest way to find it is google peatys attic,sure someone will put it up :)

Anyhow,work this out,he says on the vid that he raced his fully rigid Hei Hei on the downhill circuit and used the front suspension Hei Hei for XC,must have just been giving them a chance in the downhill :)

Spanky22b":32j338th said:
Nice one Canuck for putting that up.

some mtb history in that loft isn't there?

There is indeed! A real treasure trove!

However it's a bit of a shame he's just stuffed it all up in the loft space like that :LOL:

....that HeiHei need's some love :cool:

Back