Orange Clockwork project.

OrangeJase

Retro Guru
Feedback
View
Just bought this frame and forks from Racin snake (top bloke)
Plan to go with orange white fade as Ive always liked it and already have a Prestige in satin black.Hopefully all XT (wouldnt have minded Suntour but dont think Ill be able to find enough of it).
Interestingly we reckon its a 90/91 but the bb serial is A309 which I believe is Sept 93 yet I think Im right in saying that it clearly isnt.A strange Orange peculiarity.Anyway well happy with it as it came with original Hot Rod bars and a Stalk stem so an absolute bargain.Heres some pics of it before I start,progress will start as soon as I can get round the wife,.
Any advice ,opinions welcome cheers.

Hi jase

Are those f14 forks?

By the way "was8v" is selling a tange infinity decal, it may suit you.

Someone might crop up with a similar code, interesting. Perhaps the 3 is something else and it's late 1990 (so 1991 ?) which is what it looks like.
Probably a date on the forks if they are original.

What parts you after, need some wheels ?

Hi Mark.F14 forks......havent the foggiest mate ,they look like the same ones on my Prestige,if you let me know how to tell if they eea Id be mucho grateful.Only had a quick look but I think theres a 92 date on the steerer.I saw the Tange sticker,cheers.Ill have a proper look later.
Yeah I will need some wheels and many other bits but Ill not be ready for a while yet,if you still have em in a few weeks Ill be interested

I think the f14 was a series 7.2 cromoly fork and i think it was a standard fit to the clockwork The f9 fork which has a similar shape to the f14 is a seies 9.5 aluminium.

Sorry jase, i've got that all wrong the f14 fork has the brake mounts on the rear so i'm talking rubbish.

another clockwork project....i shall be watching this!!! kooool!

just started one myself...mine looks quite terminal though!

I will be watching this with great interest and i'd have a grey frame with neon orange decals if i were doing it lol ;) ..

emjay":r3e7q1r9 said:
Sorry jase, i've got that all wrong the f14 fork has the brake mounts on the rear so i'm talking rubbish.

:D No worries Mark,Ill have a look at em at weekend and see what markings they have.

Ive tried to think of all types of colour schemes but really have always wanted orange/white fade,it just looks right to me somehow.

Back