Wheelset or rear hub wanted

Re: Wheelset wanted

Dt370 hubs use a completely different freewheel mechanism to the 240s by the way. Still very nice hubs - i use several pairs. The hugis i believe are the forerunners of the 240s.

bobgarrod":iin0xcmz said:
Dt370 hubs use a completely different freewheel mechanism to the 240s by the way. Still very nice hubs - i use several pairs. The hugis i believe are the forerunners of the 240s.
These use the ratchet rings. I've checked.

I'm sure they do - as i said they are the forerunner of the dt240s. The 370s are completely different.

I'm not arguing with you :LOL:

bobgarrod":2w4s417j said:
I'm sure they do - as i said they are the forerunner of the dt240s. The 370s are completely different.

I'm not arguing with you :LOL:
Well I'm arguing with you! :p
The Hugi 240s are different; the disc mount is machined back behind the bolts to save weight, among other eight saving machine work. These are possibly 350 or 340 if not 370s

dt-hugi_240_frt_disc_blk.jpg

You try to be helpful and this is what you get. Your latest picture confirms Hugis = 240

You advised that the hubs were 370s with a ratchet mechanism. 370s use a completely different mechanism- 2 pawls.

I believe that the Hugis are the forerunner of the 240 s. They stopped producing hugis in 1999.

The 240 - originally also came as oversize . - i believe the 440 replaced them. Dt240 are now dt240s

The point is that a) they are definitely not 370
b) the are dt swiss hubs that are the best out there for the price.

Did some research on Hugis and they seemed to be quite prone to cracking on the drive side, not sure if anyone on here has experienced this.

Still on the lookout for some wheels but also a rear hub on it's own...anybody got anything decent out there?

Neil

Back