1995 Breezer Venturi - Finally!

ameybrook":2otzoa9e said:
Not a knock on the build at all, but those 99 Ultegra Shifter/Brake levers will fail on you. If you can, upgrade to the 9spd Dura Ace units, they were far more durable.

I'd agree the 9 speed DA STIs were a far better unit. However the 9spd Ultegras are perfectly good, have a 10 year old set on my winter bike which have been on 3 or 4 other bikes previously. They're getting tired but have 1000s of miles on them and are still going....

John":29m3li4j said:
Looking forward to seeing the Bonty :D

Me too! I received notice from the post office yesterday of an attempted delivery, so hopefully when I go to make the pickup today it's the Bonty that's waiting :D .

Thanks again to everyone for all of the positive feedback. As a fairly avid collector and builder of bikes for myself it's refreshing to have a renewed interest in road bikes and to be able to look forward to slightly different types of projects in my near future. Maybe it's just a fresh justification to feed the addiction, but whatever it is it works ;) .

I resurrect thee!

Still riding this thing? I love it. I've been hunting a Bontrager Road Lite in a sz small and thought " well maybe I can expand the horizons a little and look for a Venturi... they share some elements." But they made these for like 2 years ? I mean before the "modern" iteration in the early 20 teens?

Zero that is Dooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooope. Question: Is that a breezer sticker wrapped around the fork, or is it painted to match?

BTW, I think ONCE riding Giant's cheater bike frames in the Tour had more to do with sloping top tube designs than Schwinn ;)
Painted to match...

I resurrect thee!

Still riding this thing? I love it. I've been hunting a Bontrager Road Lite in a sz small and thought " well maybe I can expand the horizons a little and look for a Venturi... they share some elements." But they made these for like 2 years ? I mean before the "modern" iteration in the early 20 teens?
I have a sz Small Bontrager Road Lite that I might consider parting with. I've also got a second Venturi in the same size, factory white on blue. PM me if interested to discuss.

I have a sz Small Bontrager Road Lite that I might consider parting with. I've also got a second Venturi in the same size, factory white on blue. PM me if interested to discuss.
I've PMd you!

Any update on this here green Venturi? Would love some new shots, even if it's in the same state.

Back