Specialized Stumpjumper Comp 1988 [BLACK or WHITE??]

stumpjumper1990, I love that color scheme. Looks great so far! I would love to find a similar frameset here in the States...

stumpjumper1990":3435uq7v said:
No, not yet finished! It's on my list for this year though!! ;)

How is this coming along mate?

I've finished mine except for a few little changes (changing rusty bolts and QR etc!) I'm fed up of building bikes with NOS parts that I'm reluctant to ride, so this one has no NOS at all! I LOVE it! Here is a picture for some motivation!

^^

Thanks! Still not sure about the fork I'm going to use. Think this needs a rigid fork. Have one, but need to do a respray. Difficult to match the right white color.... And then there were some other projects.....

Still on my to-do-list though! ;-)

Nice project and i'd stick with the rigid forks if i'm honest as the shox just don't look right mate ;) ..

I've got a DD fork from an 89 stumpie team if you're interested. Think i've still got the stem as well.....send us a PM.

Re:

stumpjumper1990":25d9e19b said:
Waiting on a Direct Drive fork, I put this RS1 on it. Looks pretty good IMHO! :)

Could use some help chosing the right saddle. Don't mind the black seatpost. Still waiting on a silver Ritchey to arrive. But should I go Turbo white or Specialized black?

GroteFoto-M78AYBGX.jpg

Definitely the Turbo! Great Bike, i abso-friggen-lutely love this Specialized paint job. :mrgreen:
Last year i aquired a 1988 RockHopper comp with the same paint scheme. I´m almost finished, only minor things are missing.

Back