2011 Cove Hustler

Re: 2011 Cove Hustler **updated pic**

I know this is a bit of a thread resurrection, but it would be rude not to add another white Hustler to the mix.

This one is the original MK1 frame which kicked it all off ;)

IMAG0386_zps395b02ae.jpg

Liking the silver rims on that, quite different. Also like the red/white Canadian colourway...suits the bike!

Seeing as I'll be speaking to fellow Hustler owners here, I thought I'd ask:

The RP3 shock on my Hustler will need a service soon - it all still works just fine and holds air 100%, but it's started to "squish" a little bit.

Now, a shock service is quite expensive, so I've impulse-bought a replacement shock in the shape of a newer TF Tuned Fox RP23, the same as the one fitted to Cove_Ash's bike ( which is gorgeous, btw ;) ).. I managed to get it for a bargain price :D

The only slight issue is that the new shock is a 190 x 54, whereas my existing RP3 is a 180 x 45.

The newer shock WILL fit (I removed the old shock and extended the linkage by 10mm), and it makes bu*ger all difference to the angles etc. .. My question is, will it work? I'm guessing that it will as I've got the shock bushes/mounts to fit the Cove. I guess I'll just have a bit more travel out back?

What do you reckon?

Latest posts

Back