A Personal Question of Length?

gtRTSdh":xjudy3r5 said:
The History Man":xjudy3r5 said:
I have concluded from this that reach and bar height is more important as there is less adjustment without changing parts etc.

Inside leg varies greatly amongst similar heights but can be accommodated across a range of frame sizes.

Would I be wrong?

Yes exactly, there is one brand of road bikes, where the frame 'size' refers to top tube length rather than seat tube.

There's an interesting article from Cervelo here, where they show that as some frames get taller, they don't actually get longer.

I've seen this with the Marins, while seat tube goes up by 1.5", top tube only increases by 0.5", seems alternative is smaller frames as we get older.......

has anyone done a list of makes where top tubes are shorter vs others, I know Marin are on long side.

Chopper1192":3b48n6ui said:
35.5"? Do you have a torso?

No, I'm actually typing this with my toes. :) Don't know if scandinavians have long legs, but up here my relative measurements aren't that odd.

Btw, 35.5" is my pbh, not just my inside leg measurement.

The History Man":3fnpn9li said:
PurpleFrog":3fnpn9li said:
5'10, 30" leg.

Mtb frame?

I was riding a 17" Kona; I've just bought an 18" Zaskar (that I haven't sat on yet.) Both frames designed for rigid forks.

But leg + height isn't really enough - the neck (mine is unusually long) can create at least an inch of variation.

David B":3vqzr2ac said:
The History Man":3vqzr2ac said:
Ok somebody on here tells me I've got short legs for my height. Never gave it any thought until recently looking at frame sizes. What's your inside leg and height?

I am 6'3" with 33" ins leg. Freak?

Please tell me your height/leg for comparison and your mtb and road frame sizes.

Thanks. Picking up 19" mtb at 7pm and wondering.

I'm 6ft with a 32in inside leg; don't own a mountain bike any more but the road bikes I own are 22.5in (race) and 23in (tourer) whilst the CX bike is only 22in to aid dismounting & remounting.

David

Either my current tape measure is a bit iffy or I've made a huge mistake - turns out the CX bike is only a 21in frame and the race bike a 21.5. Despite being on the tall side, both seem fine to me in terms of inside leg (with sensible amounts of seatpin exposed) and also reach to the bars....yet Dad, who is quite short in the leg for his height, also rides a 21.5in frame but is a mere 5ft 8in! :?

David

Latest posts

Back