Mercian 753 Special (sold)

coundonroad

Dirt Disciple
I've been ummmmming and ahhhhing over whether to sell this little beauty for literally years, so here goes:

It's a Mercian 753 Special, with a serial number of 33580 (1980?).
Obviously it is built from Reynolds 753 steel and is therefore light as a light thing.
It has Shimano 600 SIS on the back, and Dura-Ace twin chainrings/cranks (but no front derailleur (as I always found this to be totally irrelevant). Could obviously be installed if required).
Wheels: Pete Matthews/Arc en Ciel.
Campagnolo pedals/clips.
Campagnolo QD hubs.
ASCA Comp saddle.
Mafac levers/Universal calipers.
Cinelli Giro d'Italia bars/Cinellii stem.
Frame is 22in from centreline of crank to top of seat tube and 21.5in from centreline of stem to centreline of seat tube.

It is in very good honest condition with a few very minor war-wounds here and there consistent with its age, as can be seen from the pics.

I have absolutely no idea of what it's worth, so am happy to be guided, but have decide to initially ask for around £300 to get it out to a good home. If i'm outrageously wrong, I'll be happy to take advice. Sale is subject to collection from Chapel St. Leonards, Lincs, although I may be able to arrange a meet and exchange somewhere slightly more convenient if necessary.

All bids welcome! Pics to follow very shortly.

Re: Mercian 753 Special

Don't intend to Matt. I just want someone to RIDE it instead of it hanging in my garage roof! :)

Re: Mercian 753 Special

coundonroad":fr4i1f03 said:
Don't intend to Matt. I just want someone to RIDE it instead of it hanging in my garage roof! :)
I would have it if it were my size, but I am a short arse.

Back