wadsy

BoTM Winner
Gold Trader
BoTY Winner
98+ BoTM Winner
Kona Fan
Feedback
View
Selling this iconic steel frame :cool: on behalf of a friend who bought it from me a little while back. He’s only selling as I have tempted him with something else he couldn’t resist! :LOL:

I bought the bike complete with the kind help of a friend in the US from a shop in San Francisco. They were selling it on behalf of a customer who had had it from new.

During my ownership I've cleaned and polished the frame and it came up really nicely. The paint job is really deep and looks amazing in the sun!...very difficult to capture (for me anyway) in photos.

I built it up but didn't get to ride it (as usual) so was pleased that it went to someone local who could :)

Link to build thread (more photos etc)....
viewtopic.php?p=1691792#1691792=

Specification:

Top Tube (centre-centre) = 21.5"
Seat-tube (centre-top) = 18.5"
Seat-tube (centre-centre) = 17.25"
Seatpost = 27.2mm
Front mech = 28.6 top pull.
BB Shell = 68mm

Xmas2012015_zpsd68f6d29.jpg

His quick and brief thoughts on how it rides......

“……after riding mostly aluminium frames, this was a bit of a breath of fresh air!....lovely 'alive' feeling without the 'no-give' feeling of the aluminium. It's build up light for a steel frame at approx: 22lb and it shows in the ride. A reluctant sale, but wadsy has tempted me with a ti frame that I must try! :LOL: .…”

The frame comes with a 1" Chris King No-Threadset in excellent conditon and is priced at £400 plus delivery of your choice (quotes on request) - it will be well packed as anyone who has bought from me will attest to :)

First refusal on a nice set of Mag 21 SL Ti forks to the buyer of the frame. Slight cosmetic tarnish (but better than most!) but work well and have a decent length 1" ahead steerer at 195mm. £150 - Sold pending payment.

Photos showing details of any areas of interest....

Front mech has 'pinched' the paint a bit:

Some tyre/dirt rub to the paint finish:

But that's about it; not bad for an old frame ;) :D

Any questions, please ask.

Cheers

Re: Mountain Goat Whiskeytown Racer Frame+King+Mag 21 SL Ti

You will not find a better packed frame than one from wadsy.

One he sold me took me longer to get out the box than it did the build the whole bike!

GLWS.

And please stop selling tasty frames that are my size please. Thanks. ;-)

These are amazing handling bikes & very undervalued in my opinion

TC

Rob Atkin":28vp17rd said:
You will not find a better packed frame than one from wadsy.

One he sold me took me longer to get out the box than it did the build the whole bike!

GLWS.

And please stop selling tasty frames that are my size please. Thanks. ;-)

:LOL:

Re: Mtn Goat Whiskeytown Racer Frame+King+Mag 21 SL Ti - Off

:)

Back