Carbon rigid forks for a boardman with 100m travel forks

samsbike

Retro Guru
I actually have no idea what size I need, so I am hoping someone can help out.

As the boardman is staying I am thinking of converting it to a fast road commuter and the forks would be where I can save a lot of weight.

OEM boardman carbon forks are like hens teeth, does anyone have anything else I could use in carbon.

thanks

samsbike":meghxb6f said:
OEM boardman carbon forks are like hens teeth

looks I have some hens teeth for sale ;)

170mm tapered steerer

pm me if interested & I'll sort photos etc

Without knowing the crown to axle length it's presumed you'd need around a rigid fork with a crown to axle length of 440mm as that is the length generally needed to keep the bikes geometry to same as having 100mm travel forks.

I would just check the measurement to make sure as some of the newer Boardman bikes are running 120mm up front.

There are a number of rigid forks available (Pace, DT Swiss, Syncros, Bontrager, White Bros to name a few) but it really depends on your budget, some new are over £400!, but a good place to have a mooch around on is eBay to see if there is anything that floats your boat and is within your fiscal restraints, however, of course if you buy used you've got know idea of previous use and not likely to have a warranty, not sure if that is important or not but thought I'd mention it. Also used forks will have the steerer tube cut so make sure that is long enough.

Of course running a quick search on Google will also provide you with a great deal of info as well.

And finally do have a look in the for sale section in both the pre and post 1998 forums.

Good luck with the search.

I have some Kinesis 445mm (axle centre to crown top) carbon legged forks that I don't need. £60.

Back