GT Zaskar LE vs Giant Talon 29er 1 - Opinion

I'm an unashamed fan of modern bikes, but only good ones. Offer me a quality retro bike like a sorted Zaskar or a low rent modern, and its retro every time.

You know what to do.

I know this is a bad questions to ask, but based off the image above, anyone want to throw a guess what it is worth?

I'd say the zaskar is worth about 250.00 maybe more.

Keep the zaskar and have people stop and stare , 29r bikes are two a penny now , I've just put a picture of my new to me frosted red zaskar on a group on Facebook and everyone loves it , zaskars are one of the best bikes ever built :)

That's not just my opinion :)

If you are used to BMX a 29er will feel immense. The Zaskar will feel more chuckable and therefore more familiar.

I saw that pic I think... Great looking bike. I agree there is just something there... I have buddies with Specialized bikes and Giants, they are great, but lack personality.

There is one on eBay now for sale in red for $750!! I think that is a bit high...

This guy wants $350 for this one, might get him down to $300... Will need about $100 in work to get her up to speed, then likely I will dump $1000 into it with custom stuff, if I know myself as well as I do, LOL.

This is gonna be bad....

VJR021":130r5pzk said:
I saw that pic I think... Great looking bike. I agree there is just something there... I have buddies with Specialized bikes and Giants, they are great, but lack personality.

There is one on eBay now for sale in red for $750!! I think that is a bit high...

This guy wants $350 for this one, might get him down to $300... Will need about $100 in work to get her up to speed, then likely I will dump $1000 into it with custom stuff, if I know myself as well as I do, LOL.

This is gonna be bad....

With a retro Zaskar you can drop as much as you'd like onto it. It'll always wear top end stuff well. Where as the Giant will always look like a low end bike thats been blinged up :)

Welcome to the Hotel California of bike forums....

opinion/// this thread is all wrong, its not zaskar vs giant.
Its; look at the lovely Zaskar I'm going to buy, and here is a picture of some crappy giant.

Of course, in 20 years the Giant will be a card carrying Retrobike itself, and everyone will have forgotten that the frame is heavy an uninspiring, the cheap wheels too flexible, an in the rose tinge mists of time people will have forgotten that it really wasn't that nice.

Which is a disease that afflicts many current Retrobikes and their owners, so don't be too hard on the Giant

secret_squirrel":1ceck2vv said:
Just a word of caution - make sure it's definitely a zaskar. Rebadges of lower models are pretty common.

What is the best way to confirm that?

Latest posts

Back