Indurain and his '92 Pinarello

Augustus

Retrobike Rider
Feedback
View
Big Mig.

Just editing pics from Campagnolo's 80th and found this, thought I'd share it with you lot first.

:D

Attachments

• C300.jpg
    C300.jpg
    135.4 KB · Views: 2,330
Daffy-Duck-masturbating.jpg

Espada monocoque from '94. Amazing looking machine. Came with a helmet with sunglass lenses built into it. Not quite so amazing looking!

One of my favourite riders. They did tests recently on him and concluded he still has an engine big enough to keep in the peleton today. Some athlete and he once listed sleeping as a hobby.

Legend.

He's not miserable at all. Gentile, courteous, quiet, unassuming, down to earth. Already respected him, now like him too.

i said he looks miserable, not that he was! he almost looks sad in that pic.

i must admit to not being a fan of his riding style back in the day though, he was so far ahead of his competitors that it made the tour less exciting because it was almost written on the cards that he would win.

i remember he cracked on a mountain climb once, think it was in his last winning tour, i remember being in shock that someone else had finally broke him!

:)

Great pic Gus, thanks for sharing. Love that pierced chainstay, missed that detail in the past.

Back