My 1998 Clockwork- Updated for November with new Pix.

Yup, they're MXCs with the twin braces.

DSCN3451-1.jpg

Brakes

Off memory XT arms never gave much clearance, XTR and Sram should give more. Still think the tubes look fat on the frame for a Clockwork? Looks really clean with the Satin Black Paint.

Stunning...............................simply stunning.

Love everything about it, in fact if I look at it for too long I get a semi :shock: .

What is wrong with me :?: please someone help me! :LOL:

Thanks guys.......calm down though Gaz, I don't want to be the cause of an accident of any kind! :D

Well........the Avids arrived this morning, (gotta' love CRC) and apart from some VERY minor fettling to the rear brace on the shocks, they work perfectly....RESULT!! :cool: I've also put a temporary saddle on (that will goon the Proflex eventually) until the Spoon arrives, so other than her own set of wheels she's done enough to ride. :D :D

Chuffed is NOT the word. :cool: :cool:

16052008015-1.jpg

16052008014.jpg

16052008016-1.jpg

Excellent work :cool: the brown spoon looks like it'll be an inspired choice picking out the amberwalls perfectly. The brakes look great too, the silver ones stood out a bit much, another great choice going for the black. A teeny gripe would be that the crud catcher looks gash, get it off for the photies. Other than that classy cool and cultured :D

Orange

Stunning M8, needs an original Crud catcher tho ,and I personally would prefer a short cage mech, A DX or Tiagra would look and shift much slicker. Think my next refurb is gonna be in Satin black, looks really cool.

Thanks very muchly guys.

The Crud Catcher has now gone (for now!). ;)

I see where you're coming from with the mech, but I took her for a spin this morning and the shifts were smooth as silk straight out of the box, so no problems there for now with the XT (and it does match. :D ).

I've just got to order the spokes now, and I have to say I'm leaning towards Stainless rather than black. I think it could be a bit too much if I go for all black :?

Any thoughts?

Spokes

Yep altho a big fan of Black, I feel the silver contrssts nicely with the frame and matches the other shiny bits, I would go for silver spokes too.

Back