MacRetro Newbies.... Introduce yourself here:

I have a couple of modern MTB (see sig) but am putting together a commuter/urban spec based around a '91 Karakoram Elite frame I'm buying from a RB member.

I also have a GT Air BMX that I bought in a fit of nostalgia, the arguement being it would be a good park bike to accompany our four year old as she learns how to ride! But I think at 30+ I just look a bit daft on it!

Welcome lads
Looking like a good amount of macretro's up in the North East. Have to come across and ride some of your local trails.
Hope to see some of you at the Aviemore meet, its always good to have new blood to ride with.

Jamie

Jamiedyer":h27vqsqo said:
Welcome lads
Looking like a good amount of macretro's up in the North East. Have to come across and ride some of your local trails.
Hope to see some of you at the Aviemore meet, its always good to have new blood to ride with.

Jamie

There are some epic big routes out our way but the dedicated areas like Moray Monster Trails and Pitfichie are chronically under-maintained and in bad need of a shot in the arm.

Hoping that the new centre at Glenlivet is good. It could be tagged on to an epic day riding in the Glenlivet and Glenfiddich estates.

This is definitely on my bucket list.

That looks brilliant Caleebra!
Singlespeed Pugsley type terrain :)
When are we going?

Jamie

Hello all :)

Tucked away in East Lothian, here.

Lurked on the forum for a few years, mainly admiring (reminiscing!) readers' bikes. I probably won't have a lot to contribute, but will maybe join some of the MacRetro rides after seeing a cross post by Velo on the UK Fat forum.

I know a few of you through fat biking, but I also own a '99 Kona Kula which I ride from time to time. My biggest bike regret will always be selling my '93 Kilauea <sighs>

Cheers
Jason

Welcome to the Crazy world of MacRetro Jason :D

There's usually some riding happening every weekend and we like the odd road trip to further afield !

We wont get upset if you bring a fat bike or Surly product either :D

Plus if you ride with us you get one of those natty Tartan banners beside your name, they are among the most desired banners on retrobike.

Thank you

velomaniac":3q1h4l5c said:
Plus if you ride with us you get one of those natty Tartan banners beside your name, they are among the most desired banners on retrobike.

Ah. An extra incentive! :D

Latest posts

Back