Reproduced retro parts like hubs, bars with logo's etc

ts88

Dirt Disciple
I have plans for a new 90's style retro steel frame, but my main concern is the hunt for retro parts.

My biggest issue is the hubs (9/10 speed) , skewers/quick release and bars with logo's

I find the velocity hubs in blank alu really nice, but the one's i like (loose ball not the sealed bearing type) don't have the campy option and i'm there for forced to the more expensive and sealed bearing type road hub wich i don't prefer.

Is there an alternative
Please not the expensive ones that we all know, but keep in mind this is for a classic lugged frameset so no CK's and such please as this is completely overkill for me and the few miles i ride on a yearly bases.

Also the old style skewer/quick release where is the alternative.

Also bars as they are plenty full to buy, but not with the beautiful shields like SR, cinelli and 3TTT had.

Again is there a good alternative to get somewhere.

Cinelli are making the 1A stem, criterium and Giro D'Italia bars (not with shield logo though unfortunately).

Not sure about hubs. You could look at the range from Miche.

What's CK?

Tel":2ct1k01w said:
Cinelli are making the 1A stem, criterium and Giro D'Italia bars (not with shield logo though unfortunately).

Not sure about hubs. You could look at the range from Miche.

What's CK?

Ok wonderfull to see that cinelli still makes the parts.
I wished the logo's would return, but so far so good.

Stil remains the hubs.

CK is Chris King :D

Miche i have looked, but no options there for me

Of course :)

Velo Orange hubs?

I'm working on getting an account with them but for now you could try freshtripe

Why is it that the actual vintage parts are not an option? because then you get everything you are asking for, logos, loose bearings and Campagnoio...

lewisfoto":2ip8ee5k said:
Why is it that the actual vintage parts are not an option? because then you get everything you are asking for, logos, loose bearings and Campagnoio...

Because 9/10 speed campy hubs are near impossible to find not counting the price tag.

The latest campy hubs are black and no option.

So i'm still looking and dia compe and Velo orange is a option, but both just not right on the target for me.

Welcome to the forum rainbow dave, those are nice looking hubs but at $285 don't think they fit the goal of building on the cheap.

thankyou sir, apologies for forgetting the budget part of the brief. I thinl i know what happened,the hubs took over!

Back