HOPE #2 rear caliper for "Hub mounted" caliper and brake arm

patineto

Retro Guru
So I have this awesome IBIS tandem that we love very much, but we are in need of a solution to run a rear disc brake in the back and look like the old school Hope caliper will be a great way to accomplish it with out welding anything into the frame..
Purple%20tandem%20022-M.jpg

Actually I want to run two brakes on the rear wheel like i do in the front (I have my reasons), as you can see I also have the big-um hubs.
IMG_6600-L.jpg

As you can see I already run old school Hope brakes since they work perfectly for the needs of the tandem.
Tandem%20brakes%20003-M.jpg

In any case you help finding one of them will be very much appreciated..

Re: HOPE #2 rear caliper for "Hub mounted" caliper and brake

can you not run an A2Z bolt on adaptor then you can run any caliper you like

dan28":1s9dxwpy said:
can you not run an A2Z bolt on adaptor then you can run any caliper you like

Thanks for the suggestion but does mounts are a joke, I need a 100% reliability, but I'm even wonder if a single piston brake is sufficient to stop two people..

personally i be more concered that the brake Reservoir on the c2 leaver is upside down as the air would be pushed into the system where as the leaver the right way up would mean the air would be at the top and not pushed into the system

but the real reason im here is for this link

http://www.gumtree.com/p/for-sale/hope- ... 1019517612

ba57ards":3353oras said:
personally i be more concered that the brake Reservoir on the c2 leaver is upside down as the air would be pushed into the system where as the leaver the right way up would mean the air would be at the top and not pushed into the system
So far is a none issue, I'm been running two tandems with the same set for the last seven (and five years) with out any problems, one thing I do bled them "right side up" to avoid any bubbles in the system
but the real reason im here is for this link

http://www.gumtree.com/p/for-sale/hope- ... 1019517612

Cool thanks for the link, I'm going to write the seller right away..

Back