The GT STS Thread Members Bikes and Tech Info

I didnt like the condition of either stays on that frame myself.. They both looked pretty worn, especially the chainstay.

I just picked up a 1998 STS 1000 DS frame "bundle" from Mark and look forward to getting it built up.

Does anybody have a suitable size XTR bottom bracket to fit this frame by any chance? I have a set of XTR cranks so if I can find a BB to match I will fit them for starters!

zooma5949":19ylfhtu said:
I just picked up a 1998 STS 1000 DS frame "bundle" from Mark and look forward to getting it built up.

Does anybody have a suitable size XTR bottom bracket to fit this frame by any chance? I have a set of XTR cranks so if I can find a BB to match I will fit them for starters!

There's an XTR M952 bottom bracket for sale here which will fit your cranks if they're M950s or M952s:

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=255083&p=1911119&hilit=+XTR+Bottom+Bracket#p1911119

Looks to be in great condition too. I'd be quick if I were you! ;)

Thanks Mark - I have posted a reply to say I will buy them and asked for a PM to let me know how he would like to be paid - I hope this works out OK

If I can find all of the parts I need this quickly, I will have this STS up and rolling pretty quick! ( unlikely!)

Hello all,

I'm new on here and have just got back in to mountain bikes after an 8 year break.

My story seems to mirror some of the other stories in this thread, in that when I was 15 I drooled over the STS in magazines, and vowed that I'd have one some day.

Nearly 17 years later, and today was that day! I've just picked up an STS 1000 DS, pretty much complete apart from missing a front mech and it has a flat front tyre. Looks to be ok spec, although I've been out of it for so long that I'm not sure what's good or bad. I think it has Pace RC 36 Evo III forks from what I can work out.

I have seen people offering sticker sets in previous posts, and having just scraped off what remained of the old ones I'd appreciate some help getting new ones. I don't want to go original as I prefer the look of either plain white writing, or black with yellow surround (maybe like a Zaskar, not sure...).
I'd also like to get some replacement for the forks too if that's possible(?).

Thanks very much in advance!

Excellent thread by the way, and I'm so pleased there is still interest in what was/is my dream bike :)

Hello all,

I'm new on here and have just got back in to mountain bikes after an 8 year break.

My story seems to mirror some of the other stories in this thread, in that when I was 15 I drooled over the STS in magazines, and vowed that I'd have one some day.

Nearly 17 years later, and today was that day! I've just picked up an STS 1000 DS, pretty much complete apart from missing a front mech and it has a flat front tyre. Looks to be ok spec, although I've been out of it for so long that I'm not sure what's good or bad. I think it has Pace RC 36 Evo III forks from what I can work out.

I have seen people offering sticker sets in previous posts, and having just scraped off what remained of the old ones I'd appreciate some help getting new ones. I don't want to go original as I prefer the look of either plain white writing, or black with yellow surround (maybe like a Zaskar, not sure...).
I'd also like to get some replacement for the forks too if that's possible(?).

Thanks very much in advance!

Excellent thread by the way, and I'm so pleased there is still interest in what was/is my dream bike :)

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    52.1 KB · Views: 245
Does anyone know what stroke length a (non-DH) LTS trunnion shock is? There is a few about and I'm hoping they're 1.25 stroke like my old one so I could mate a eyelet shock body to piston and seal assy out of a trunnion shock and end up with a functioning Deluxe.

Ideas?

Back