Harry Rensch - Champion du Monde

gerryattrick

Retrobike Rider
Feedback
View
For 25 years I owned a 50's Rensch bike, and over the years had it resprayed and changed the gears and chainset. I even threw out the original perfect condition Gnutti steel chainset :oops:
I drifted frrom cycling and it was unused for many years so I sold it a couple of years back on ebay to a guy in north Wales who I believe was going to restore it. I've lost the details so does anyone on the site know if there is such a bike knocking around the bike clubs up there. I'd like to see a picture if possible.
Never seen any Rensch bikes on retrobike.

Attachments

• Rensch1.JPG
    Rensch1.JPG
    188.3 KB · Views: 3,309
Very nice bike, from a fine frame builder........
There are a few guys, on here from north wales, so you may be lucky and find her again..

This is how it looked when I bought it - I wish! It had a fixed wheel and the paint & chrome was in a lot tattier condition and that's why I had it resprayed. In hindsight I should have taken more time and replicated the original, but in those days I didn't have too much money spare and just wanted to ride it.

This website shows how it should look: http://www.classicrendezvous.com/Events ... ow01_9.htm

Attachments

• Rensch99.jpg
    Rensch99.jpg
    84.7 KB · Views: 3,260
Hello,

I have the Rensch you posted a photo of, ridden it a few times on the Paris/ Rensch maker rides with the VCC

Was starting to updating it today and looking around for some photos of the origional Rensch equipment,
as the cranks ect are early 80s

its now in my collection in Windsor Berks

WWW.Photobucket.com windsorbike

Do you mean you now own my old Rensch or that pristine one in red from Classic Rendezvous.

If it was mine I'd love to see what you've done to it and glad to see that it's still in use. I couldn't access the Photobucket pics from the link you gave me.

Hello , I have the Rensch you sold, not the one in America
bought it of a chap in north Wales

The Photobucket site link seems to not work so,

click WWW.Photobucket.com , user name, windsorbike ,
sub albums H Rensch should get you to the photos of it,

Its in pieces as of today , deciding which parts to fit I presume its about1949/ 1950/1 ?
so will go with age related parts as Rensch apparently only sold frames, to get round the purchase tax

Not sure of the date of the Paris ride this year ,normally in the VCC magazine

Back