First project. New member. GT project (parts to be cleaned!)

garethfj

Retro Guru

Hi guys, have really loved reading through this great forum and it's inspired me to go back to my youth and start investing in a few projects, the first of which is a GT and I've no idea of anything about it except I believe it to be a low end model. That dosen't bother me in the least bit as I love al GT frames and I've always wanted on with a polished finish, so hear it is!

Re: First project. New member. GT, but which model?

Looks clean , maybe an aggressor.

What are you putting on it ?

Antfox":gcxxkqs9 said:
Looks clean , maybe an aggressor.

What are you putting on it ?

Thanks, I was thinking it to be an agressor. It's got some deep rub marks. I also have an avalanche, but I don't like it as much as this.
I have some interesting bit's and pieces in need of a good clean up, so modern and some retro, but I'm hoping it will be an interesting build! Sorry I'll not reveal much at this point, but I'm hoping it will attract some interest. A the moment, I'm trying to remove the headset cups. I really could do with a cup extractor and headset press.
Does anyone on the forum make good stickers. I bought some from ebay and they are totally useless!

To remove te cups I used my chain whip handle and a hammer, then paid a store near where I like 7 pounds to fit the headset. Don't do enough frames to warrant a press.

Gil makes good stickers I have heard, ill get some off him when I can but I'm trying to get another frame first .

Keep the posts coming I don't have a step by step build for my new one just the finished pictures.

Ant

Thanks for the encouragment & advce. I'm actually doing this project to combat stress try and reignite my interest in cycling. I hope I can pull it off!
Have you a link to your own project?

Not yet matey no thread yet got a rock ring to get then pictures will be up

Ant

But some mothers polish as this stuff is the nuts , look on eBay it's 10.00 with a micro fibre cloth my bike came up a treat.

Antfox":1krt1j6v said:
But some mothers polish as this stuff is the nuts , look on eBay it's 10.00 with a micro fibre cloth my bike came up a treat.

Cool, actually today's plan is to polish and remove the headset, so looking forward to seeing it done. :)

Re: First project. New member. GT AGGRESSOR

Get polishing dude, most rewarding and great for forgetting whats in your head :)

Re: First project. New member. GT AGGRESSOR

You're right tonedeaf101, it was very therapeutic.

flattened!

Putting my late gradfathers B&D to good use!

The finished result! :) Very pleased.

Back