The Retrobike NationalSeries 2013 Rnd 3: Aviemore Aftermath

Re: The Retrobike NationalSeries 2013 Rnd 3: Aviemore Afterm

Hi Guys
Thanks for a brilliant ride once again macretro clan. Its never boring on a macretro epic :)
Some really great pics lads, they tend to capture the beautiful scenery and glorious sunshine just right.
I had a great days riding in the usual very good company of some fine friends, what more could you ask for?
A better ending maybe ;) but I think we can be glad it wasnt worse as we all seen how bad it looked when he was lying on those boulders.
I dont have any photos but I will edit together some of the footage I got on video and post it up, I have only seen a little bit but theres some decent bits in there I think. Theres a lot of bits wher I thought I turned the camera off and it was on, so obviously the bits where I thought it was on.......it was obviously off. There is also the bits where its looking ahead and then its looking down directly at my front tyre, the worse bit was the river crossing where everyone was waiting, the camera was on for about 2 minutes beforehand but as I approach the river the camera drops and pionts directly at the ground. A different view of a river crossing for sure. I know Boonie filmed it from his side.
After driving to Aviemore and picking up ZZ then dropping him off to Dave I headed back up North and just after Golspie I had a deer jump out in front om me. I swerved and braked as you do but still hit it with the passenger side front corner. It broke the light mounting, bumper, grill various other bits but worse of all the slam panel is split through. Insurance contacted today as opinions seem to be that it will be a write off. Just what I need, but like ZZ it could always be worse. I could have been the deer.
I'll try and get the video up tonight.

Jamie

Hi guys, the Link has been pulled for copyright I'm trying to get it sorted will try again as soon as I can.

Cheers again for a great day, never a dull moment with MacRetro.

Glad to hear everyone enjoyed themselves and that our ilustrious AEC isnae deed :D

Day two didn't happen, we were all KNACKERED. Personally I feel like I've been repeatedly run over by scale models of the Landrovers we seen mucking about in the fields as we returned home.

We did visit the cafe beside the meeting point for Sunday and thus did intercept the only person who showed up for the now cancelled run. He wasn't upset, he'd seen the forum report, we had a good chat and then he continued on his hols.

All in all a great days riding and thats the lesson for us middle aged bikers, keep it at a days riding, 2 days is a bridge too far. :roll: :LOL:

Sorry to have missed this one guys, weather looked fantastic, sorry'er to hear of your stack Arron :( , hope you are better soon, sounds like you have won the stack of the year award and it's only May, the rest of us will be hard pushed (or suicidal) to try and beat it :)

If only I could post the images in my mind of him going over the edge - something I wouldn't want to see again but it would have got me £250 from YBF!

Awesome pics.....get well soon ZZ

Bloody hell ,yer no safe to be let out , get well soon ZZ

Looked a good day out tho ,stunning pics

Mike

Top notch - no pain no gain with Ecurie MacRetro :D

wow!

The pics say a lot but, must have been a real beauty place to stop and stare.

Top credit to the scotch brothers for sorting that ride in a stunning environment, just a bridge too far for some regulars, that's all. I reckon ZZ broke at least 4 ribs and a shattered pelvis but, didn't want to worry anyone, top bloke ;) :)

thanks.

views................WOW!!!!!!

really must revisit this area again with a bike some time soon, some pics look breath taking :)

Latest posts

Back