Lost my bottle!

matt24777

Senior Retro Guru
Feedback
View
Yes I've lost my bottle!

Can't take it any more!

It's gone!

I was out riding on Saturday, when I went down a nice long and very bumpy/rocky single track descent on the Quantocks. I had 2 water bottles at the top.......

I only had 1 when I got to the bottom! :oops:

I was so "eyes out on stalks" concentrating on staying on the trail and not ending up in the stream or ferns that I never even noticed it go. :shock:

Annoying thing was it was the full one! :facepalm:

Went out again today and did the route the other way and climbed up the trail but no sign of it! :cry:

:LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

i stopped using bottles on the MTB quite a while ago, defo a camelback user these days, the only time i use bottles on the MTB is when i occasionally race and there is an option for replenishing the bottles or it's a short race.

i found the best cage for holding them in though was Elite Cuissi cage

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Mode ... elID=37230

a bit pricey but i never had a bottle fall out of one of these

I lost my battery pack for my lights the other day doing the same thing, at about 20.30 hrs, just before I needed it. Had to curtail my ride, as I was 10 miles from home, and light was fading :(

I get so knackered cycling I've not got the breath to suck water out a camelback so I stick with bottles. To that end I secure my bottles to cages with old pedal toe straps, no longer quick release but I only drink when stationary anyway :D

I've always used bottles, never lost one before! I was using Elite cages on the Kona whereas I used Blackburn ones BITD, and I've got some modern Bontrager ones on my Orange. I will have to bend them a bit to increase the grip! It was the bottle on the seat tube that went surprisingly.

I hate riding with anything on my back, I'm fine with a bumbag, but anything over the shoulders just makes me sweat like a pig! so I've never been tempted by a camelbak.

Errr a nice man gave me mine, I think the bottle is £8.99 and the mount is about £30. It is a nice idea and works surprisingly well, the bottle is nice too as you can disassemble the spout to clean out old energy drinks etc. You may have to hold the bottle whilst shouldering the bike but the nice thing is theres no cage to dig into your back. They come in through ison distribution. I think its totally magic.

i saw a bottle when i was out on the quantocks on sunday... may have been yours.
what trail where you riding?

retrobob":1zl2o2m8 said:
i saw a bottle when i was out on the quantocks on sunday... may have been yours.
what trail where you riding?

It was probably down Weacombe Combe, Any joy?

Back