Campag Daytona Hub Spares

mrmo

Retro Newbie
Not sure if Daytona counts as retro but such is life.

I am currently refurbing an old set of hubs, they need a new axle and end cap which i can source easily, the problem i have is the Freehub.

I have managed to disassemble the freehub but in doing so the circlip is dead. Bearings are easy to source, but the circlip? Do i actually need it? what size is it, where can i get one if i do need it?

I really don't want to buy a new freehub body for the sake of a circlip!!!!

spoken to mercian and they don't have a freehub body, the freehub was never designed to be serviceable and has been superceeded.

I have read that i can change the axle and use the current generation freehub body, but it won't be cheap.

Can you pm me some pics of the body you have I might be able to help.jm.

i now that daytona, centaur, chorus and Record, even the current record are with a few minor issues compatible.

Cost is the real issue though, a new record axle and freehub is almost as much as a current generation record hub.

Rev Cannon Dale":lsciufn2 said:
Hi.
what is it exactly you require?
I've a few dismembered 10spd Campag hubs (Daytona,Centaur + Record)floating around.

I have acquired most of the bits now, the only question i still have, do i need the circlip inside the rear freehub that holds the inner most bearing in. I don't have one and don't know what size i need?

Martin

Hi Martin,

Ive just had a look, and no, you shouldn't need the circlip.
In theory the nut which holds the freehub onto the axle will hold it all together, and the inboard bearing cant go any further the other way.Its up against a stop.

If you're still uncertain, drop me a pm, and i'll send you a body (without pawls and spring)for the price of a beer.

Thanks for the offer, if it isn't a problem i might take you up on the offer at some point. Will try and get the hub i have built up first and see how that goes

Back