Nishiki Mystic E-Stay Build

walleater

Retro Guru
I'm partly at least throwing this up here to prompt me to do something with it! I really like this style of E-stay frame, and seeing as this model seemingly never made it out of Vancouver I should really give it a bit of loving. I've got no exact plan for it, and no desire to do a 'period correct' restoration. Maybe I'll throw on some Super Monsters :D

How I got it (with BB seized in frame and abandoned by a customer):

Attachments

• 20130110_111014 (Medium).jpg
    20130110_111014 (Medium).jpg
    103.8 KB · Views: 421
BB out with some ingenuity. Ritchey stem, and Nitto bar. M700 brake levers and front brake. I have a selection of crap U brakes for the back. I'll see what polishes up the best. I've got some nice old Ukai rims but need to find some 36h hubs. Gotta strip the paint (and rust!) off it and decide what to do then.

Attachments

• 20130526_185529 (Medium).jpg
    20130526_185529 (Medium).jpg
    110.7 KB · Views: 418
  • 20130526_174856 (Medium).jpg
    20130526_174856 (Medium).jpg
    118.5 KB · Views: 418
walleater":2iso08j8 said:
I'm partly at least throwing this up here to prompt me to do something with it! I really like this style of E-stay frame, and seeing as this model seemingly never made it out of Vancouver I should really give it a bit of loving. I've got no exact plan for it, and no desire to do a 'period correct' restoration. Maybe I'll throw on some Super Monsters :D

How I got it (with BB seized in frame and abandoned by a customer):
hi
is it really a mystic? both my mystic's are white and green.
this looks like it may be a repaint. am i correct? if so, bet it's a barbarian. :LOL:
roy

I guessed it was a Mystic as it looks identical to yours. It also has some green paint under the fork. Not so sure what's under the frame....mainly rust I think :D Maybe I'll take a close look. It seems impossible to find much info on these frames. I think you've found pretty well all the info that is out there!

Latest posts

Back