STX - Chromica Finish Parts

Jussa

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
Feedback
View
Once upon a time Shimano made some nice STX components in a Chromica finish. The easiest way to describe it is that it's chrome that has a bronze almost tarnished look about it, or even like a black chrome effect.

Anything considered please, especially Skewers, Chainset, levers etc.

What have you got out there?

Pics and posted uk prices please :D

Jussa :D

That's funny - I'm just buying bits to replace a set of combined SLX shifters and levers with this finish. I bought them new, but when I went to use the bike again the shifters didn't seem to be working very well. I also wanted to use V-brakes instead of canti's, so thought it was a good time to change them. When I'm next working on the bike (not sure when) I'll check out the shifters and maybe spray them to see if they'll come back to life. Sorry, not much help, but just thought I'd pipe up and say "I've got some of that!" - I always thought it looked nice, and I've not seen any other examples.

Yes, i think it was called 'special edition'. not much of it around but i reckon a full get-up of that would be a good thing.

there is...

good old silver STX

bronze STX

Chromica STX-se

I have nowt in special edition but will keep an eye out for you. ;)

I might have an STX chromica crank, rear derailleur and front derailleur.
Also, STX-RC 3x7 STI's, 3x8 SL-MC41 shifters and a couple of STX standard bits.

These are the guys you're looking for:
1994+-+STX+SE.jpg

STX SE was available only in 94, but this in not the only one STX with bronze anodising
Standard STX (not RC) in 94, 95 and 96 if I remember well also was having bronze anodised parts, but not as much as SE in 94

Thanks for your replies, PM me with any info on parts you may have and want to part with :)

Jussa :)

got a full set of cantis in bronze chromed colour, ill get some good pics and get back to you asap, may even have a rear mech and brake levers, but cut the shifter off cos they were buggered lol

there was also a road mech that had the same fiinish . i have short cage RD A-410 mech here.
went by the name of RSX.
i think only the rear mech whould be of any use on a MTB, they were sold as RSX in long cage too.

Back