2003 Indy Fab Deluxe SS Resto

Chapeau! Velo

Senior Retro Guru
Feedback
View
I thought I would share with you my latest project. It's a 2003 disc only Independent Fabrication Steel Deluxe Single Speed complete with matching IF fork, Phil Wood eccentric bottom bracket shell and the all important stirling silver head badge :cool: According to IF it has stock 17" geometry (18" as us Brits would recognise) and was origionally built for the 2003 Interbike trade show. It was well used by the previous owner; the paint was a state and it sported a small ding in the top tube and a more significant dent at the top of the rear stay. However, I took a punt at it @ £350 for the frameset and silver CK headset. To my relief, Argos in Bristol and IF (via email) thought that the damage was easily reparable so hopefully my gamble will pay off! :D

Some pictures of how I received it are here: https://skydrive.live.com/redir?resid=9 ... V-UwOHqszg

I'll add to the picture link as I go. However, after a new decal set arrived from IF the frame was packed off to Argos Racing Cycles in Bristol for the repair and repaint. I've used Argos a few times and although not the cheapest, they do a top factory finish so I reserve them for my keepers! Intentions are for a high spec for this one (I'll probably be too scared to ride it when done :oops: ).

Next step whilst waiting for the frame to be refinished is parts collection. CK headset and Thomson stem and seat post are obvious choices - but what sort of disc brakes? I've always been partial to Hopes but not sure for this ........

Back