Attachments

• photo 1(5).JPG
    photo 1(5).JPG
    54.3 KB · Views: 334
  • photo 2(5).JPG
    photo 2(5).JPG
    53.5 KB · Views: 334
davemev":31wj09ag said:
Oh no it's a team control 26 x 2.0 actually.
Its yours if you want for postage. I might be able to post it tuesday but if not its gonna be next tuesday/wednesday because i'm off to Amsterdam Tuesday afternoon.

Really kind of you but I have some tyres here.

Thanks for all the interest and advice. As I said I will post progress but life being what it is it's likely to be slow!

I've got a seat clamp QR, but it has surface rust...if you want it (postage only) for a rat bike look it will fit right in!

Regarding the fork that the bike was found with; could that be from a 'Very Dark Blue' Rockhopper of the same vintage? The colour looks pretty similar.

I have some spesh skinwalls.pair of.
Condition is not too bad but theres a bit of the skin threads wearing through, due i think to the bike being sat on flat tyres for many years in a dampish shed/cellar :?
They cleaned up well and i think if you patch behind that section they'd be no problem to use.
I havent been in my tyre cupboard for a bit and cant remember exactly if theyre rockhopper or hardrock.

Now i think on it they might be hardrock :?

Re:

OK, I said progress would be slow, but I've finally started the build. Plan is for a go anywhere / do everything bike, going for drop bars with new Sunrace 9 speed bar end shifters, Tektro v-brake specific levers. I've got all the bits I think apart from front mech (anyone got anything?) and possibly pedals. I''ll probably need a new stem at some point, too (probably a bit long and low for my build, and the bike's intended use), might even opt for some new forks as the ones fitted are cheap, heavy aftermarket jobs.

Loving the stance. Looks meaner in the flesh.

14739520253_033f2a4854_b.jpg

Back