Classic Jigsaw - is it YOU?

Midlife":23vy36jz said:
Yep...guy in blue is being lapped. Everyone knows centre pulls were way slower than side pulls in the 70's :D

Shaun

Especially those GB ones. Universal were much faster.

And he's got his front wheel in the wrong way round.

He actually looks quite disconcertingly like me at the time...............................

I don't think the chap in blue is actually anything to do with the race at all, he was probably just out for a Sunday ride and is wondering what the hell is going on! :shock: hence the look on his face :LOL:

Fantastic picture but what I notice most - not a single pothole in sight, and look at that surface! If that was taken today, that inside line would be a series of craters to navigate!

Another thing to notice...........not a water bottle in sight. Those were for Sunday Club Runs.

Driest is fastest we used to say :)

Shaun

PS we did try some green crystalised powder stuff mixed with water but it tasted like urine, wish I could remember it's name, had sugar and salt in it

I don't think the chap in blue is actually anything to do with the race at all, he was probably just out for a Sunday ride and is wondering what the hell is going on! hence the look on his face
I know that feeling, intimately...

..but I'm inclined to be more charitably disposed towards Mr. Blue jersey- obviously he's the perpetrator of a plucky one-man breakaway early in the race, just getting caught by the peloton, and to make matters worse, he is on a collision course with a piece of that one-foot-wide sellotape that they used to use to effect road repairs in the '70s- very dangerous- no wonder he looks worried!

Old Ned":jhjrmwdo said:
I thought this might possibly be from your old stamping ground. None of the other jerseys familiar to you either?

I recognise most of the jerseys but the memories are slow to surface! Give it time.

I might be wrong but the pale blue bike in 2nd place looks like a Major Nichols.

Early 70's late 60's BCF Birmingham Division definitely. I might have been just around the corner. Having said that I very vaguely recall these puzzles BITD and the photos were posed, hence the lack of bottles and the exaggerated grimace.

agentorange":js0p1b3f said:
The trees look really difficult, I bet that's the last area of the puzzle to be completed.

What......?

In fact, you're quite correct in your assumption. Took Mrs Ned ages to finish that part.

And I thought MY language was bad when in a spot of difficulty :shock:

Thanks to another forum I have identified the rider in blue - and from what I can gather he might well have been the winner (if it was an actual race). A top rider in both road and TT's from the Walsall RCC, hence the 'W' on his jersey.

Still waiting for someone to come forward about the others.

velomaniac":2uh3xuyi said:
If its not a secret why not name the rider you've identified ?

All in good time!

I've just found out about the Evesham rider.

So that's 2. Only a few more............ :?

Back