First retro build a muddy fox seeker am I mad

It nearly done now, well i nearly have all the bits anyway just need some XT 732 wheels and a seatpost and the build will commense......

HELP.......

How do you find the bars and grips? Gotta say I'm struggling with them but they're very much part of the look of the bike and I'm loathe to swap them.

The bars are seriously wide and the grips get wider towards the ends which makes for a strange hand position - I think even a bit painful. I'm hoping I'll get used to it...

Well I totally stripped mine to complete rebuild with full xt bits and its still in build phase never ridden it....

jaypee":2veor80c said:
mrgumby":2veor80c said:
I've got one of these! Identical, 23" size...

I got one in the end (thanks Mr Gumby!)

DSC_0391_zpsfaa87952.jpg

That will look amazing when you've done it and i'll be keeping track of your fox as i really love these :) ..

Wrong muddy buddy!

Compliments very welcome though :)

That's my one which is in use as is and has no thread (though maybe I'll start one if I get some good pics - they're great looking bikes aren't they?)

It's so big it looks very much like a road bike gone wrong (or right!) and with the vivid colour it gets quite a few second looks.

I'm getting used to the bars, great for standing up and climbing (the wide bars and thick grips) and I just hold nearer the stem when seated, the grips are thinner there which is better for control and comfort.

Maybe that's the design! Though it looks a bit daft gripping almost a hand width inboard.

Looking forward to some photos Karlos (hope you don't mind the slight thread hijack - something to keep us going while we wait I guess ;-) )

You'll have to excuse me as i've got the roof over my head to worry about so i'm not 100% with it i'm afraid but as long as you've got a Muddy then you can always expect a compliment off me and i use to have a 1988 Explorer BITD which i regret ever getting rid of and i think that was a 23" frame as it was kinda big for me tbh but i will be on the look out for another later on in the future and those handel bars were really wide as i shortened those on my Explorer to 19" which was the same width as my shoulders at the time and it made the bike really twitchy but i liked it like that :shock: ..

Really hope it works out for you mate and when it does the perfect Muddyfox comes your way! Luckily there's plenty out there.

Back