1987 team burner 'barn find'

snapper":8u51luv8 said:
$1000.00 bet says even powder oven temperature or caustic temp or chrome ph is not even known by all bmx members

Not quite sure what this has to do with anything, but my coater cures for 8 minutes at 190 degreesC typically and chrome baths are ph0-1 for the final plating usually. The tank temperature depends on the current density and the finish you are trying to achieve but usually 50-60 degrees.

Is that Aussie dollars or US? I accept PayPal ;)

Cleaned this thread up, no idea where it was going.

Cool burner and cool story. Look forward to seeing the restoration.

is my advice in seeing julian tuff ...uk biggest raliegh biulder that harsh you need to

clean it up GOV ?...does not you / the owner know julian ...should i said mickey mouse yankee ..?

snapper":2gmsa75v said:
is my advice in seeing julian tuff ...uk biggest raliegh biulder that harsh you need to

clean it up GOV ?...does not you / the owner know julian ...should i said mickey mouse yankee ..?

I'm not really clear what you're getting at here to be honest, I suspect it's meant to be offensive in some way.

It's the chaps raleigh burner and is his to do with as he wishes - it is not a Faberge egg. Sounds like bren will be more than capable of doing this bike justice. Your initial advice is appreciated, however you need to respect the wishes of the owner.

dear sir ,

...then I will cross my hands and wait n see ends result .....

the bmx racer ,bmx owner in hundreds ,bmx rider in thousands miles,bmx site retro owner in I can judge it myself ...easy

ps if bren or others wish advices in the future I now charge $ 20.00 per hr ......easy..

as for high fives ,bum tickles ,yeeeehaaas ,will be as silent as the thanks received ....easy pezzy pie .. :)

adding note ....where are ralieghs experts/ raliegh site UK owners/RALEIGH racers on this subject .....

that's right ...................................................................................?as they should be here in brens helps fighting / tripping over to assit !

pages deep members by the millions reply i yet see 1 spanner turn,bearing crown ..please bren others so im not left out guessing in your works love i insisst a full customs into your full resto ...

starting from clockwards turning of drive side pedals > to bead locking psi ..

drive ratios
applied techiques
bearing recoovering
citrus bassis
bearing bedding

pic of case re-workings as sample

etcetc...please no i washed it or gave it to joe blows ..the customs full works in your folder shall be no less then asked as i am interestd
if other legends of raleigh or other wish to assit you / any here i would suspect they too show
their full greasey hands pics doing so

signed in full ................snap.

$20 per hour for advice? Jolly good. Assume that last nugget was a freebie?

If you want blow by blow pics of the hard, old, waxy, genuine factory raleigh and apparently priceless (?) grease being removed and fresh historically inaccurate grease being applied then I shall oblige. It will cost me (and you) nothing.

The bearing cups won't be going in a lemon bath. Acid, citrus or otherwise will erode the bearing surface. I use jizer or thinners.
The last bucket i added lemons water and sugar to, became elderflower champagne :)

As for the dirt and patina removal I shall also post pics of that being removedif you like. I can guarantee that none of it dates from the 80s, I cared for this thing like a newborn baby in the first few years of its life.

John, thanks for your input. Please feel free to continue editing as you see fit or else we will all have to read it through google translate. ;)

wake me when any members even in you turn a spanner .....bye ....

:roll: zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

1E5EAFF7-E8D3-4CF8-8396-CD96FB152919-7311-0000022A6394BA77.jpg

Back