Retrobike National Series Rd 3: Aviemore ~ 25/05/13

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sadly I'm going to have to pull out. My back isn't great and the long drive up wouldn't be a good idea.

This will the first National ride I've missed in the past three years, so I'm understandably a bit gutted.

I hope that you all have a great weekend and look forward to seeing plenty of photos.

See you on Sunday, weather in Perth is glorious, hope its the same in Aviemore!

Top marks for the Travelodge in Perth, more than happy to let you take bikes in your room, "you can use the lift if its easier!".

Bit of a disaster at the end of todays ride, 2miles from the end zigzag launched himself off the trail down a ten foot drop and broke a rib, damaged his arm and cut his head. We had to take him to hospital then home so there is a much reduced clan up at Aviemore now and I suspect that tomorrow s ride might be shorter or a different route than originally planned as zigzag was the route guide for that one. Velo, Robmac, Keith and Dynacol and i think FiredfromtheCircus will still meet at the original time.

Jamie also hit a deer on his way home smashing the front of his car. Lucky white heather anyone?

Weather and ride up to that point was amazing though and it should be more of the same tomorrow all be it slightly subdued.

Sorry to hear about your fall ZZ and hope your on the mend very soon, been there and got the tshirt. glad your fine to jamie and are you now having a venison burger?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back