Woolwich attack

Sickening, the lad went to the school I went to.

Nothing more I can say in a public forum... Just disgusted this happened to one of ours by "british" muslims

The whole community is devasteted

The excuse would appear to be that they were targeting those who were targeting others that they identified with.

If our last couple of major conflicts had been with Christian regimes their excuse would be different were they Christian extremists?

Not really.

There are extremists in most religions to one degree or another.However the points raised about mental illness and impressionable people being targets are correct.It is relatively easy to convince someone with low self esteem for example that a certain course of action will grant them acceptance.In my experience religion has helped many people through difficult times but has also caused many attrocities to be carried out too.I avree that these people carried out this attack because they believe that people they identify with are being murdered,so their motive is revenge.They have however used the Quran as an excuse to butcher the victim when they both had firearms and could have shot the victim rather than cause him a horrific death.

highlandsflyer":xhwsc6to said:
Is anyone clueless enough to think we need religion to do evil things?
Don't think anyone did. But without religion we'd surely have fewer wars.

highlandsflyer":xhwsc6to said:
The irony in all this is that the very attitudes the NF, BNP and their likes propogate prop up the divide and rule tactic of the extremist puppet masters.
It's all the EDL's fault. Obviously.

The media and some government officials certainly are trying to divert attention from muslim extremists and place the spotlight onto British extremists,which does make me more angry that yet again its assumed that the populace can be treated like mushrooms,The EDL do want to defend their country,as I would with my last breath,BUT attacking innocent muslims,hence possibly making more extremists,isnt helping the cause and isnt really the way to solve the problem of foreign terrorism.Its probably easier to blame the EDL and brand them all as racist thugs than it is to sort out the actual problem.
Interesting to note that everyone on the protest march in woolwich was stopped and searched by police, yet it appears to be perfectly acceptable to stand in the street and shout death to westerners.

To be fair, the attacks were hardly discussed on Twitter beforehand, and the Police got there and shot the f***ers. What more could you ask?

The reference to shouting death to westerners was t in refernce to the attacks but more to the clerics and such who regularly preach jihad and general threats to life.I want implying that the police should have been psychic.Sorry should have explained a bit better.

Latest posts

Back