What I love about retrobike, do you?

Andy R":38dgbrai said:
zetecmk2":38dgbrai said:
hell....guitars are so much safer!!

(just got in from a gig with no accidents) :D

Tell that to Gary Thain..... :(

Or indeed Keith Relf. Just never fall out with your roadies.

I was waiting for a call from a girl I had chatted up back in my heyday, and the phone went while I was practising some AC/DC or such like alone in a remote barn.

Guessing I had only just heard it ringing as I was playing loud drinking JD, waiting for my band mates, I literally threw the guitar skywards over my head, knocking myself out in the process.

I came to with the phone still ringing, when I got to it it was my sister, she called me a taxi to get to A&E as I was bleeding pretty heavily.

Pretty woozy, I stumbled out of the cab into the brightly lit A&E, only it wasn't. It was the pub opposite. I don't know quite why, but I got punched and thrown into the street for my mistake, I guess I looked like I had been fighting. Might have been the long hair and denims though.

On another occasion whilst vigorously hammering my whammy bar stark naked, (just out of the bath, but yes it is nice to play guitar naked), I got a hold of my love wig in the springs.

Didn't notice until I had given myself a Brazilian the painful way.

Guitars certainly are not safe!

:)

naked!!! :shock:
was there a mirror involved?
i do wonder :facepalm:
i have been hit in the face with headstocks, sticks and mike stands enough times....but still not as bad as riding off a 6' wall and your steerer /crown snapping on impact....and a mouth full of concrete and teeth!
although i did get our guitarist in the eye with an un cut string from my machinehead last night.....i didn't feel a thing!!

The guitar was around my neck as much as I could back in the day. Especially when you are warming up for a gig. Read up on Hendrix, he used to fry his breakfast with his guitar around his neck.

Of course that is where the comparison ends!

:(

Back