carrying tools (on shorter rides)

not sure about the Velcro, it was wanting the lights that started this given my current bag on the seatpost rather prevents, the velcro would attach but I think the whole thing would lack rigidity ? and lights may not always point directly backwards, certainly seen riders in London make this mistake at night with lights on backpacks, this is about being seen rather than complying with law at night from my perspective. I think the easiest is the "Pro" bottle solution leaving the seatpost to be "light-tastic", do like the "mini" bag but more expensive for less space.

thanks for all the comments everyone

Strange coincidence, I just bought one of these for this very purpose. SKS Logo Water Bottle 750ml should do the job.

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Mode ... elID=89915

899151_zps4b4e102f.jpg

I ride off road with a Camelbak, inside which are a multi-tool, 2 tyre levers, repair kit, spare tube, chain tool, leatherman and small adjustable spanner, few chain links, pump.
It's a bit much, but I need the extra links for the tandem timing chain and singlespeed, the leatherman is probably overkill. Typically it is used to repair somebody else's bike!

On road a tiny Park multitool, tube, repair kit, plus a spare tyre for rides over 100 miles.

daugs":1oa9v1q8 said:
with the bikes now on the road, but adjustments and emergency repairs possible, wondering best way to carry the odd tool and tube. This is not about contents of kit, just few bits but rather how to carry.

Do what Wu does. Give your spares, tools, additional clothing, food and water to me to carry. Just like he'll tell you, you need a wallah.

i believe in fixies":28nu6vzo said:
Do what Wu does. Give your spares, tools, additional clothing, food and water to me to carry. Just like he'll tell you, you need a wallah.

:D

there is this dynamic with the Mrs, one of the reasons for keeping the "bag" for tools small, she does have quite a natty rack/bag system that clamps to seat post on her 2003 Trek but is resistant to lots of extra stuff :D

the current need is more around short rides on a hopefully daily basis that will frequently be on own..........

Back