Newbie cant decide on steel Hahanna or ally firemountain

naboo":12kartnm said:
My kids are at the learning to ride themselves stage, although the thought of them riding along with me for any distance still seems quite a way off, the thought of bolting them on and hitting the road does appeal!

If that is the case this "tag along" gizmos are great, plus they can hold a lot more weight than the baby seat.
TagAlong.JPG

Got a bit of a plan of action, i love both my fire mountain and the Hahanna and can't decide between them, decided to keep the firemountain and attempt to tart it up a little and use as my main bike, its an early 2000s bike ( it's alloy coloured, with blue decals but has no disc mounts, i also appreciatte im cheating a little regarding its age) i want to bin off the suntour fork and hit ebay for a cheap pair of forks with a caliper mount and eventually put hydraulics on it. Also any reccomendations on older forks that may suit?

Any body had any experience with using the rear caliper adaptors? and where can they be bought?

I then plan to donate the v brakes to the Hahanna, remove the front deraileur, clear coat the steel frame and p2s, and get the Hahanna rolling! ......off to ebay i go......again

Right, I've been a superscrimper and managed to get some post mount marzocchi forks (not desireable model but they'll do) and some Hayes hydraulics front and rear (needs one new brake line) all for £38 !!! :)

I'm still needing a black disc mount rear wheel, not too fussed on brand and an rear caliper frame adaptor

Been looking at a2z any good? Where to buy?

Should have a half handy bike (if not a little ropey) for less than £160 ! What would that have got me in halfords?

Still have to take the bottom bracket out of the hahanna, it's solid any tips? (Will admit I'm a grease monkey and don't have the proper tool and been improvising, but she's in there very tight!!)

A2z seem popular and quite hard to get hold of.

Worth keeping an eye on eBay for the torsion bar style adaptors. The hope ones show up every couple of months. Try a search for hope c2's.

Nice one cheers, iv'e spotted a2zs on amazon for about 22 quid, will give the others a search, i always like to buy rusty old crap stuff off of ebay for peanuts but nothing on there !

can anybody tell me the years of both these bikes, i believe the Hahanna is 96? but unsure on the firemountain

cheers

Back