What I love about retrobike, do you?

Alison

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
Feedback
View
That we disagree so much on so many subject whatever the subject, yet we all come together in our love of bikes and every single component part. I just love all the acceptance and even the rejection to be a part of the moment of cycling :D

Go on what do you love about it?

Alison loving it all.

Personally I love the challenge..................... The challenge of finding a frame and forks and then moulding it in to a whole bike with as many good parts as I can for the least amount of money and drama I can. The whole thought process that goes into it what gears, how many gears, which brakes, which bars, stem, headset, bottom bracket, everything every little component and it changes as parts become available........................ I do not build perfect catalogue reproductions, my builds are far more organic than that, they evolve, grow, become alive.............. Well maybe that is a little too far ;) :LOL:

but that is what I love most.............................. Sad I know :( :oops:

i hate it!!
messing about with bikes all day, just to build something i couldn't afford when it was new and i was young and skint!
and now i have loads of bikes i couldn't afford bitd.....and only 3 are ridable!!! god....i hate bikes!!
and my knee hurts sometimes :evil: and i'm to sensible to do trials moves i used to.......something to do with knocking my front teeth back into my skull
hell....guitars are so much safer!!

(just got in from a gig with no accidents) :D

I just love seeing bikes that I remember from my youth, and seeing other adults getting just as excited as me about them...! I'm on the lookout for a complete collection of '89, '90 and '91 MBUK but I doubt I'll ever find them. Just to relive it all. No WWW then - if you wanted a catalogue you sent off a stamped addressed envelope. Then waited...and waited...and waited...

I also love the fact that this seems to be a forum with decent, reasonable people on it. Haven't had a single bad experience on here.

Because there's always something going on, because despite different views an personalities the members are decent law abiding hard working folk with high social standards, and were all united by our love of cycling in general and old bikes in particular.

To me this place is more an online social hub for lovers of old tin than a simple retro bicycle forum.

Chopper1192":2jwa57us said:
Because there's always something going on, because despite different views an personalities the members are decent law abiding hard working folk with high social standards, and were all united by our love of cycling in general and old bikes in particular.

To me this place is more an online social hub for lovers of old tin than a simple retro bicycle forum.

:cool: Summed up perfectly Chops :cool: ..nice one bud :D

Ernie ;)

Chopper1192":3qor6u1z said:

Superb. :LOL:

As a newbie thought I'd throw my hat in the ring.

I love the way the knowledgable share freely, not without humour but with patience and generosity. I am a bit of a social recluse but have already been welcomed by those members in my area and supported in my quest for frivolity and fitness leading to my attending my first social gathering.

With thanks to one and all.

Back